Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 25 January 2016

Stop and enjoy the sunrises



25th January 2016
Never let the things you want make you forget the things you have.


My bestie just posted this on Facebook "I've not been the best Weight Watcher so far this January, due to working longer hours. Today I got up an hour early to fit a walk in before I start. Feeling positive"  Now that's what I like to read and seeing it has motivated me to want to go for a walk today too!  See this weight loss lark is so much easier with support, we all need some and that's why it's so important to make time for your meetings.  An hour a week for you, if you're really busy it only needs to be half hour, but seriously busy and tired is not the way to successful weight loss!

So I've had me a nice lie in, so I'm refreshed, I've started saying no more too which is helping me find the time for me that I desperately need, trust me saying NO is seriously good for your health!  Don't get me wrong, it's not easy and I don't like doing it if I'm honest, if I physically had the time I'd do all these things I'm asked to do but the truth is I don't, there are only 24 hours in a day and 7 days in a week and I want to save some of them for me to do the things I like to do!  So yesterday we watched our movies and I knitted my jumper, this morning I'm pausing to watch the amazing sunrise and the paperwork can wait a little longer!

The roast dinner didn't get made yesterday, I'll do it today, we had stewing steak, mash and peas instead as it was easier to cook, and there's enough left for another meal.  I didn't even get dressed yesterday!  I will today as I need to go for a walk with mom, that didn't happen last week, just shows how hard it is to put new habits in place but I will continue with it this week, I'll do the two walks with her today, make up for one I missed. 

And can I say that sunrise is incredible!

Here's to making the last week in January matter - you in?  I am, I've lost 5lb in January, that'll be a fab five, if I can do the same in February I'll be chuffed!  I'd be okay with 5 x 1/2lb's too, any loss will work for me.  Here's your smart point recipe for today;
Exotic Chicken
Serves 4, 11sp per serving
1tsp olive oil (1sp)
1 small onion, finely chopped
4 chicken breasts, sliced (approx 165g each) (6sp)
½tsp turmeric
½tsp cinnamon
100g Extra light soft cheese (4sp)
275ml skimmed milk (4sp)
150g ready-to-eat apricots, halved (14sp)
50g sultanas (8sp)
25g flaked almonds (5sp)

Heat oil in large pan and brown chicken over a medium heat for approx 5m. Add the onion, turmeric and cinnamon. Continue cooking for 3-4m until the chicken is cooked through. Stir the low fat soft cheese, milk, apricots, sultanas and almonds into the pan. Cook over a low heat for 8-10m, stirring occasionally until the soft cheese has melted and the sauce has thickened.

No comments: