Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 31 January 2016

Shopped Smart yesterday I did!

31st January 2016
Love yourself first and everything else falls into line.  Lucille Ball

Just had me a much needed lie in, hoping a weekend of rest will see off this head cold, can't complain though, I've got off lightly compared to some or the lurgy I've heards going about. 

It's been another fab week in meetings and of course yesterday was the last weigh in for January, which means we've lost a fabulous 2,309lbs which is 165 stone, amazing and shows the Smart Plans working a treat.  We're not just losing weight now, we're getting healthier too because that's what the plan naturally does, it's nudges us towards making healthier choices whilst still giving us the option of spending those points on anything we choose.  Smart isn't it ;)

I had a delicious meal yesterday, Heck chicken burgers (Asda at Heath Town had them) on a big crusty cob (Sainsbury's do these, they bigger than the usual ones) the whole thing was only 8 Smart Points of deliciousness.  My breakfast was a ham, cheese and tomato toastie, the bread cost me 6sp because it's seeded but the ham once on the scales was zero and I topped it with 1sp of cheese, that was tasty too.  Only 15sp spent over two meals which shows you can eat well for less! 

I've got a chicken for dinner today but I'm thinking I'm gonna go with chicken and chips rather than a dinner, just not feeling the love for standing in the kitchen, I'll make chunky chips I think as I have potatoes that need using and we can still have gravy on them, mmm chips and gravy!

I had a good mooch round Sainsbury's yesterday looking for food bargains, I've actually bought some ready meals for the week ahead so that I don't need to think about cooking, some I just took pics of as I don't need that much food!




These Singapore noodles were 16sp for the meal, I didn't buy that because of the prawns, I have bought the chow mein for 12sp.  


I left the crispy lemon chicken on the shelf, it was 11sp for half the packet!  Gives you an idea of what you're spending at the Chinese takeaway though doesn't it.








Chicken tikka biryani for 10sp.
 
















I've bought this creamy smoked haddock risotto for 12sp.

 These look lovely for 10sp, chicken and mushroom pie.



Next I moved on to the freezer cabinets;

Young's Gastro Lemon & Herb Tempura Battered Basa Fillets 7sp

 Classic Beef Dinner 9sp

 Classic Lamb or Chicken dinner 10sp
 

































Classic gammon & parsley sauce 9sp

 
















 Salmon Fillet Dinner 11sp

 












Birds Eye Chicken Portions with Garlic & Herb sauces 9sp

Young's Cod in butter sauces 3sp















The ones I've actually bought will save me messing about for my evening meal over the next week or so whilst I've got so much on.

Right that's me for this morning, I'm off to make the biggest mug of tea I can, then I'm going to get the paperwork done that I must, sort my meeting out for next week and then plonk my backside firmly on my chair in front of the tv with my knitting and let nature take it's course with this cold. 

Whatever your plans are, stay BeYOUtiful.  Here's your Smart Point recipe, it's an old favourite of mine.
Leek and Mustard Bake
Serves 4, 7sp per serving

700g baby leeks (wash & cut in half lengthways)
50g low fat margarine 
50g plain flour 

600ml skimmed milk 
100g low fat soft cheese with garlic & herbs 
1 tbsp wholegrain Dijon mustard 
50g low fat cheddar cheese 
salt & pepper

Preheat oven to Gas Mark 5 / 190oC. Steam leeks for 5-10 minutes or until softened.

Meanwhile, melt margarine in a non stick saucepan and stir in the flour to make a ball. Remove the pan from the heat, add the milk and whisk until the roux ball is completely broken up into the milk.

Return to a low heat and whisk until the sauce thickens. Add soft cheese and mustard, season to taste. Place the steamed leeks in the base of an ovenproof dish. Pour over the sauce and sprinkle with the cheese, then bake for 15 minutes until bubbling and golden.


No comments: