Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 29 January 2016

I'm pleased with my progress



29th January 2016
Be not afraid of going slowly, be afraid only of standing still.
 



I only stayed the same, I'll take that, good a stinky head cold, went out with my girls last Saturday for food and cake, not tracked all week although have Smart Pointed all my meals.  So my January total weight loss is 5lb, my first Fab Five, that's what me and all my members are going to be aiming for in February too, that next Fab Five. 

In my meeting I have a visual of a 5lb lump of fat and it looks huge!  Looking in the mirror, I can't see a massive difference so I've just re-measured, (I measured on day one too), I've lost

Right upper arm 1cm (so the left arm is bound to be the same!)
Hips 2cm
Waist 4cm
Right thigh - nothing ;)
Stomach 3cm
Right calf 1cm

See the weight loss is distributed, it doesn't all come off one place, so already I've lost about 13cms, I'll take that.  I noticed the difference in the dress I wore to work yesterday, I'd worn it over Christmas and felt like it was too tight round the top but it fit yesterday. 

Realise every pound you lose makes a difference, this isn't a race, it's not just about numbers, it's about getting healthier too, having a liveable plan, enjoying that journey, still being able to eat cake and chips now and again.

Speaking of cake, today's not going to help my weight loss journey as we're off for afternoon tea to celebrate my besties birthday and we won't be stressing about the Smart Points I will admit, we will be enjoying what we fancy because you only get one birthday a year and you have to celebrate it with your bestie, we're doing it early as I won't get to see her on her actual birthday next week. 

Posh afternoon tea it's going to be too - I'll take piccy's don't worry and you can look at them because there's no Smart Points in looking :)

Then from tomorrow, I will be sticking to my daily allowance for the rest of the week and tracking honestly on a paper tracker like I'm asking my members too.  I will track today's food too, it just won't be within my daily allowance and I think it's likely to go over my weeklies too!  We shall see.

Right I better get a wriggle on I've got afternoon tea to get too, I've got quite a bit of work to do first though!  Whatever you're up to today, remind yourself you're allowed to enjoy life, but don't self sabotage yourself, focus on the healthy and stay BeYOUtiful.

Here's your Smart Recipe for today; 

Easy Cottage Pie
Serves 6, 9sp per serving

500g x 5% beef mince (12sp) (if you use 10% it doubles to 24sp! Adds 2sp per serving)
1kg potatoes 24sp (peeled & chopped)
2-4 Carrots, peeled, chopped roughly
2 large Onions, peeled, chopped roughly
Beef oxos to your taste (you can have 3 for 1sp )
100g grated Mature Cheddar Cheese 16sp (use Cathedral City mature lighter 11sp - saves 1sp per portion)

Put carrots and onions in food processor and blend (if you haven’t got blender you’ll need to dice small as possible), spray large frying pan with spray light oil, then add mixture from blender, cover and fry for 10 minutes (check to ensure it doesn’t stick, add a bit of water if necessary).

Put potatoes on to boil to make mash to top mince later.

Remove mixture from frying pan and then fry beef (no oil necessary as there’s fat in the mince), once brown, add back carrot mixture and stir through. Dissolve oxos in a mug of water and add to mince. Flavour to your own personal choice.

When cooked (about 10-15m), put mince in ovenproof dish, top with mash then sprinkle grated cheese on top and cook in oven till cheese is melted and browned and serve.

Simples but scrumptious!   

No comments: