Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 8 January 2016

Got a BIG smile on my face this morning!



8th January 2016
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

WOO HOO!  I'm so chuffed, 5lb lost in my first week of Smart Points 2016!  That's my Christmas gain well and truly shifted and I feel like I can do this again, I've really enjoyed everything I've eaten this week and proved to myself that things will wait, I'm allowed to be the priority because I'm important too!  I love, love, love the Smart Points plan.

Don't get me wrong my desk is full of paperwork but I needed to stop for that hour to eat yesterday and I also needed that walk on Wednesday morning.  You can't take care of anyone else if you don't take care of yourself first, ain't that right.

Yesterday was the true test as it really is a busy day and in January, even more so, I kept it simple and used up the stuff that was gonna go off.  Breakfast was cheesy mushrooms in a grilled wrap, lunch was a delicious jacket potato with crispy bacon, cheese and mayo, then for tea aware of the fact that I hadn't really done much in the way of fruit and veggies, I had 2 wraps with pineapple, ham and cheese in the middle cooked on my George Foreman, with grilled tomatoes and gherkins.  I had a snack of a tray of chicken breast and a banana that the lovely Sheila had bought me in case I got peckish at meeting.  To see pics of the meals I'm eating start following my Weight Watchers page https://www.facebook.com/WWBev/



Activity wise, I ended the week on 59 Fit Points, I did 56,711 steps, it's been a while since I've moved that much so I'm happy with that, I also had 11 weeklies left - that won't happen again, it's because I had a sober week ;), I shall be celebrating the weekend with a bottle of red, but that's where this month's going to change, it will be a bottle over the weekend not every day!  If I want the scales to go down, I've got to make changes.

As it's almost the weekend how about a curry, here's your Smart Points recipe for today;

Chicken Balti
Serves 4, 9 smart points each

Spray a large saucepan with WW oil spray. Sauté 1 large onion and 1 medium eating apple, chopped, for 2-3 minutes. Add 600g skinless boneless chicken breasts (6sp), cut into chunks. Cook for 2 minutes, then add 2 crushed garlic cloves, 2 sliced carrots, 400g can chopped tomatoes, 3 tbsp balti curry paste (60g of pataks is 5sp) 300ml (1/2 pint) chicken stock and 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander. Simmer for 30-40 minutes. Meanwhile, cook 250g brown rice (24sp), in salted, boiling water for 30-35 minutes. Drain well. Stir 50g thawed frozen peas (1sp) into the curry. Heat for a few moments. Season. Serve, topped each portion with 1 tbsp plan low fat yogurt.
That does sound quite nice, I need to get me some balti paste I think!  But not today, I've got a lot to do this morning, Alfie's off to the vets for this regular check up, I've got paperwork to plough though but this afternoon I'm having some well earned me time courtesy of the Chi Rooms, extra special long session, a belated Christmas gift.

Here's to another week of success, enjoy your Friday BeYOUtiful, you know it makes sense, focus on the healthy and happy. xx


No comments: