Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 8 November 2015

Taking it one room at a time!

Sunday 8th November 2015
Don't compare yourself to anyone - you're BeYOUtiful!

We' talked breakfasts this week in my meeting and the truth of the reality seems to be that yes it is the meal we usually have most control over?  However that doesn't seem to mean it's the easiest to organise?  There's a lot of busy going on in the morning, members don't always have time to wash their hair, let alone eat breakfast, which means they're grabbing and they're dashing out of the door, so we're not starting our day off in the best way, a KitKat does not a breakfast make!

So what's the answer?  Well those overnight oats are a good idea because they can be done the night before, and if you don't have time before leaving the house, if you've made them in a mason jar or sealable tub, you can take them with you, I ate mine straight out the jar this week, I have one of those long handled teaspoons, I think I may have acquired it from a coffee shop, but I'm not admitting anything!

We also came up with the idea of hard boiled eggs, they can be cooking whilst you're making a cuppa, and if you want to take them with you and would like them to still be warm when you eat them, then a soup flask is ideal because the top is wide enough for them to fit.  I need to get me a flask this weekend so I can take soup to my meetings for my girls to have when they come to help me straight from work. 

I had a posh breakfast yesterday, well it was brunch if I'm honest as I met my besties after my meeting, had smashed avocado and poached eggs, which says "White toasted bloomer topped with our avocado, jalapeƱo, coriander and lime medley, two poached eggs and roasted cherry tomatoes on the side" on the menu, I'd say 5pp for the bread, 4pp for the avocado and 4 for the eggs, it was delicious and would make me consider eating avocado for breakfast in the future, the coolness of them complemented the egg.   I guess I could be lazy and buy gaucamole ready made, or I could have a go at making some,

Real guacamole

Whole recipe is 26pp
Check out the easy, authentic dip that the Hairy Bikers brought back from their Mexican travels. Serve with nachos.

Each serving provides 247kcal, 3g protein, 6g carbohydrate (of which 4g saturates), 22g fat (of which 5g saturates), 6g fibre and 0g salt.

4 mild chillies, finely chopped
bunch coriander, chopped
2 tomatoes, finely chopped
salt, to taste
1 onion, finely chopped
½ lime, juice only
3 ripe avocados

  1. In a pestle and mortar, pound the chillies, coriander, tomatoes, salt and onion to a fine paste.
  2. Add a little water and lime juice to make a looser mixture. Mash in the avocados. Serve.

See sometimes it's better to buy a tub readymade because you get less, so you eat less and it works out cheaper, that recipe would cost me almost a fiver to make, a tub of readymade is a quid I bet!

So as well as the posh nosh, we had a lovely catch up, Katie's getting married the end of December and she was telling us all about the plans, it sounds wonderful.

Oh then I came home and cleaned a little, I know have a very clean hallway, did it on my hands and knees I did, we could barely get in the house before, there was that much behind the door, on the stairs and underneath them!  Now it's clear, lovely and there's an awful lot of wine underneath the staircase ;) so that's me happy for a very long time.

I've counted and there's 6 rooms and a landing left to clean, so I'm going to take them one at a time and get on top of it all again, being tidy will never come naturally to me, but heck neither does being healthy but it don't stop me trying!

In which case, I'm gonna get off, do my paperwork and choose a room to start on!  Do I start downstairs and work up or upstairs and work down - decisions, decisions!

Whatever you're up to today, I hope it's as rewarding as what I'm about to take on, or really I hope it's lots of fun instead!




No comments: