Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 6 November 2015

It's a forever job!



6th November 2015
Experience is the hardest kind of teacher.  It gives you the test first, and the lesson afterward.  Oscar Wilde


It's only bloomin Friday and I'm going for lunch with my besties, YAY!  It's been a while and I'm looking forward to a few hours of giggles with the girls, I've got brunch with my other besties tomorrow, I'm a lucky lady to be blessed with so many great mates.

But first we have paperwork and the vets - great joy, and afterwards I seriously do need to sort some of my house, I started yesterday, took 10 minutes and I can now see a 2 foot square clear space on the surfaces of my office, the other side of the room don't look so great but that's the plan for Sunday, to clear my desk, then my room, then the last cupboard in the kitchen that hasn't been sorted yet. 

I'm loving my soup machine, made garlic mushroom soup yesterday, how Heinz get their mushroom soup to stay white is beyond me, mines a lovely shade of black!  Today it's going to be broccoli and cauliflower as there was a bag of it reduced to 4p in the Tesco garage last night - bargain!  Then someone told me she'd had Brussels sprout soup once, I think I need to have a mess with that idea too!

I'm sat here with lovely stomach cramps, it's so much fun being a female!  Not to worry, I'm on my second pint of water and I've got a big mug of tea planned for when this blogs finished,  I might just have a slice of toast with tomato on for brekkie as I'm having an early lunch, then I'll enjoy my meal and have soup for tea, keeping the balance.  And my NO for NOvember today will be declining dessert, I can and I will!

Because by saying no a little more often or yes to a healthier suggestion be that food or activity, this is what's going to take us in the direction we want to go.  I handed out both a 50lb certificate and a 100lb certificate yesterday, which proves it works, these ladies have been taking it one day at a time and enjoying the journey. 

Remember by focusing on the healthy and happy, it doesn't matter how long that journey takes to get to your goal weight because even when you get there, you need to still focus on the healthy and happy as you'll still want to continue to maintain that weight and enjoy life feeling fabulous. 

I'll leave you with the thought, taking care of yourself is a continual lifelong job, not a "I'll start after Christmas", "I'll leave it a month or two, then restart", "I just can't cope with it at the moment, I'm gonna take a break".

Happy Friday BeYOUtiful. xx

No comments: