Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 28 September 2015

"Please don't worry. I've got you." - The Universe



28th September 2015
We live on a blue planet that circles a ball of fire next to a moon that moves the sea, and you don't believe in miracles?  "Please don't worry.  I've got you." - The Universe
Well I've had a great weekend, yesterday was again spent in the garden, my plants are all potted and ready to keep garden flowering throughout the winter with the bulbs following in the spring.  We also watched the movie Vincent at tea time, that was really good, recommend it if you haven't seen it.

I woke up this morning just after 3 to see the red moon, I had to go up the back garden as couldn't see it from the house, the sky was so clear last night, you could see all the stars too, lovely it was.   Then I woke up to a glorious sunrise, and looking at it realised my window needs cleaning again, the dog lives on that window sill so you can imagine!

AND..... I'm amazed and chuffed to report I survived Macmillan's cake WEEK and got a stayed the same on the scales, pleased with that I am.

So glad to be honest because I haven't tracked at all, I can't lie.  I do ProPoint my meals just didn't write it down or work out my daily total. 

This week in my meetings it's all about the healthy, so in anticipation think about how healthy have you eaten in the past 7 days, have you do the five a day fruit and veg, how many different fruits and vegetables have you consumed, I've not done great on this I don't reckon, but I can't answer for sure because I haven't tracked it!  From memory I can note, broccoli, carrot, courgette, onion , spinach, aubergine, banana, grape, green beans.  Can't remember any more, unless I count the lemon in my lemon cake.

Over the past week how many times have you had a take away or eaten fast food?  I can answer that, for me it was once, I went through the KFC drive through and had 3 pieces of chicken (no fries, no corn, just chicken) 18pp max.

Over the last week how many times have you had sweets/cake/biscuits etc, well normally my answer would be really low but because of the charity stuff, oh ma'an, it's A LOT, almost every day, except yesterday.   What about pastries/pies/pizza etc, for me that's 2 days as I made the savoury stuff for my meeting, oh no it's more because I was using up the pastry.

See how hard it is to keep a track of what we're eating?  So then we don't know how healthy we're being, whether we're following the good health guidelines which is what I'm talking about this week.

Now talking FOOD, I need a beef stew in my life, Nat posted a pic of her bowl yesterday and I was drooling, I'm off to Sainsbury's this morning to buy me some beef, I have a coupon too ;) £12 off if I spend £80, I may or may not need that amount of food! But I'm thinking this week a beef stew, roast chicken dinner, ooo I haven't had corned beef hash for a while, we've got liver and onions for today because I defrosted that yesterday, mmm that's enough for starters, here are my recipes;

Corned beef hash (9pp) serves 4,
Takes 10m to make, 25m to cook.
WW Spray oil                                                             1 large red onion, sliced
6pp any margarine such as flora                           120g tin sweetcorn, drained and rinsed
400g waxy potatoes cut into 2cm chunks            2 tsp dried thyme or 2 or 3 sprigs of fresh
300g tin corned beef, cut into chunks     

Parboil potatoes for about 6-8 minutes.  At the same time, add WW spray oil to a large frying pan and gently fry the onion over a low heat for 6 minutes to soften add a bit of water if necessary.  Remove to a bowl and set aside.

Add margarine to the pan, increase the heat to medium-high and fry the potatoes for 10 minutes until beginning to crisp and turn golden. Stir in the thyme, fry for another minute or so, then add the corned beef & continue frying the stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes until starting to crisp. Stir in the sweetcorn and return the cooked onion to the pan. Cook for a couple more minutes to warm through. Serve with vegetables.

Scouse
Serves 3, F&H or 11pp per serving

420g Lean Diced Casserole Beef (16pp)
600g of Potatoes, Diced (12pp)    
5 or 6 Carrots, Sliced
1 large Onion, Sliced 
6 Beef stock cubes (3pp)
2 tsp Olive Oil (3pp)

Spray Olive Oil in a large pan and heat.  Add the beef and cook on high to seal it.  Drain any fat and add the onion and cook for a couple of minutes.  Add the carrots and potatoes and add enough hot water to cover.  Add the oxo cubes and stir.  Bring to the boil and then simmer for about 3-4 hours until the liquid reduces and it goes really thick – you know when it’s ready as you can stand a spoon in it! Delicious the next day.

Right I'm off, it's going to be a lovely day look, so I'm going to get my shopping done, then SIT in my garden, no working in it, just relaxing and enjoying it, there is a bit of work I need to do but other than that, oh and cleaning my bedroom window, I'm doing Jack today!  Got a busy week ahead, training Friday, so I'll chill today, as I've had a bit of a cold trying to surface for the last few days and it can do one.

Happy Monday BeYOUtiful.


No comments: