Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 17 September 2015

Just throw an onion in it!



17th September 2015
Life is too ironic to fully understand.  It takes sadness to know what happiness is.  Noise to appreciate silence & absence to value presence.
You appreciate the sunshine more after you've had rain, that saying is so true!  Monday thanks to my hormones I had a proper yuk day, everything and everyone wound me up, then they subsided and the days that have followed have been wonderful, my members have been more positive, interacting more than they usually do which I just can't get enough of.  And my mom's on super top form too, yesterday morning we were having our normal morning chit chat and I fancy baking a cheese and onion pie, so asked her "How did you used to make your cheese and onion pie", she replied "My cheese & potato pie didn't have any pastry on" (Oh okay then!) she then goes on to tell me "I just used to boil the potatoes, drain em, mash em, add some cheese, then put some on the top and grill it!"  I pointed out that this was  cheese & potato pie and I wanna make cheese & onion pie"  Her simple reply was "Oh, just throw an onion in it!"  Well that proper tickled me!  I've decided that's my new go to thought whenever life gets too much, when I feel stressed, when I'm trying to get something do and I don't know how to do it, all those situations, I'm just going to say "Just throw an onion in it!"  The answer to everything, possibly the new meaning of life ;)

So now I'm watching Stevie Wonder Carpool Karaoke with James Corden whilst I'm taping, it's here if you fancy a view https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqrvm2XDvpQ he's a very funny man, Stevie not James I mean for a change, and an incredible singer.  Until about 20 years ago I only really knew him for "I just called to say I love you", then a boyfriend introduced me to his "Songs in the key of Life" album and I was instantly a fan, I played that album over and over on my car stereo driving to and from Portsmouth.  Actually think I'll dig it out on the itunes and have a listen today.

I was introduced to lots of different artists through boyfriends over the years, we learn from others don't we, whether it be music, recipes or just life lessons.  That's why it's really important who those people we surround ourselves with are!  Choose wisely...

Anyway, that's a little deep for half five on a Thursday, but think about it, do those people in your life enhance it or not, and if the answer is 'not', then what?  Does something need to change?

I plan to make my cheese and onion pie this week, probably Sunday now, I'm going to make mine with puff pastry as that's my favourite and I have rather a large amount in my fridge, but that's another story for another day! 

Mom's awake and she's had a nightmare so we're going to have a cuppa before we start our day.  I've emailed Chris Evans (radio 2) to tell him mom sings along every Thursday to his 'tracks of my years' segment at half 7 and I record them then post them on Facebook, she has quite the little following, I'd love him to play one for her, we'd love more like the movies by Dr Hook, that's the tune she wants playing at her funeral - cheery thought (not), but these things have gotta be planned!  That is the only bit that's been planned though, as the rest is unimportant. 
SO for now, here's to LIFE, here's to living BeYOUtiful, focus on the now, focus on the healthy and happy, laugh, giggle and when necessary shout and rant, they're all emotions, they're all important, they're all part of who and what you are - embrace it all.




No comments: