Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 9 August 2015

Slow Sunday on its way...



9th August 2015


So my afternoon tea got cancelled so I saved squillions of ProPoints! Instead I went home and made my own egg mayo warby thins instead.  I decided not to go to Sainsbury's on the way back from my meeting because I just knew it would end with a trolley full of what we named "Food Bombs" in my meetings this week.  I would have bought my very own afternoon tea and gone crazy, I would have bought a loaf of bread and eaten way too much of it so instead I drove straight home and had my warby thins, then later I had a cup a soup with the last couple of slices of seeded bread as I couldn't be bothered to cook.

Today however I shall mostly be being a domestic goddess, I'm thinking meatballs and spaghetti, usually I'm not a tomato sauce based meal kind of fan but I'm hoping one day my tastebuds will change because I know they're a good choice, so until then I'll keep trying it now and again in the hope I think mmm delicious!

Now I'm having beef meatballs but I've just seen this recipe and it sounds interesting especially as it's courgette season and they're everywhere, I have 2 large ones in my kitchen given to me by a member from their allotment.

Greek Turkey Meatballs

Because of the moistness the zucchini adds to these meatballs, they are a bit delicate and don't hold their round shape, so they will look more like mini patties (this also helps it cook in the center). Refrigerating the meat before cooking helps to hold them together if you want to grill them.

Servings: 4 • Serving Size: 4 meatballs 6 ppts
  
1.25 lbs 93% lean ground turkey
1 cup zucchini, grated and liquid squeezed out
2 sliced whole wheat bread (I used Weight Watchers)
1/4 cup seasoned whole wheat breadcrumbs
1 large egg
2-3 cloves garlic, grated
1/4 red onion, grated
2 tbsp fresh oregano, chopped (less if using dry)
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
2 tbsp chopped fresh spearmint, chopped
kosher salt and fresh pepper
about 1 tsp worth of olive oil cooking spray

Wet bread with water, squeezing excess out. Tear into small pieces and place in a large bowl. Combine with turkey, egg, zucchini, breadcrumbs, garlic, onion, mint, parsley, oregano, salt and pepper.

Using
a 1/4 cup measure, form each meatball 1/4 cup in size. For best results, refrigerate before cooking to help hold their shape.  

In a pan: spray olive oil in a large nonstick frying pan and cook over low heat.  

On the grill: clean grill well before cooking and spray grate with oil. Cook on low until cooked through. Makes about 17 meatballs.  Recipe from http://www.skinnytaste.com/

I have to say it's been great to see so many members return from their holidays this week and not wait until the end of the school holidays, we're all realising our health which includes our weight isn't a seasonal thing, it's a 365 days of the year thing, its constant.  We all have days, weeks and sometimes even longer where we struggle to focus on our eating habits, I do believe we're all realising it is important enough to make it a priority.

If you're like me, temptation is difficult to resist, so I try not to have it in the house, if mom has her treats, I ask her to keep them out of my vision, so not leave them on the side in the kitchen.  Yesterday in my meeting a member pointed out that she had to have these goodies for the other people in the house and she's correct, they aren't trying to lose weight so should be allowed a treat but it should be a 'treat' and not the norm, chocolate bars and crisps should not a meal make.  It's all about balance and finding a way to make your house/kitchen work for you and yours, it can be done.

Right I've got paperwork to do, I'm hoping for some sunshine later and an hour or two in the garden, but whatever the weather, today will be a slow Sunday doing things at a pace to suit me.  Enjoy your day BeYOUtiful.

No comments: