Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 24 August 2015

Begin, continue or restart - it's all good!



24th August 2015
Your body is what makes you sexy.  Your smile is what makes you pretty. But your personality is what makes you BeYOUtiful!


Well I managed to lose 1/2lb, I'll take that, as long as it's going in the right direction, that's all that matters.  I'm guilty of not tracking again since Thursday, I work out how many ProPoints in what I'm eating but then don't write it down.  That's my commitment this week, to track, to make sure it all gets written down, most likely on my phone as it's with me all the time.

The giant courgette has been put to rest, I cut it in half and shared with my brother, the middle bit was too spongy to use but I made a delicious soup with it, I fried the diced courgette with 250g bacon medallions (8pp) and an onion in 2tbsp of olive oil (8pp), added 5 x chicken oxo cubes (2pp) and water and whizzed it up, absolutely lush, there's at least 8 servings in the pan, so only 2pp a bowl, really worth it.  Yes you could've made it without the oil but that's what adds to the flavour.

Every Sunday someone posts on Facebook, "I've wasted my ProPoints and eaten a load of crap" or words similar, the thing about 'crap' is it usually tastes nice, it's usually unplanned because said person was hoping not to succumb to any at all.

High expectations can be our downfall, if we set our sights too high, chances are we'll not reach those expectations, feel like a failure and end up doing even more damage!  Now I don't know about you, but I like a bit of crap now and again and I never beat myself up for having it, which actually results in me not having it that often anymore because I give myself permission to indulge if that's what I want.   It's okay to eat a bit of what you fancy, why not plan it and actually enjoy it, rather than feeling guilty about it.  Everything you eat doesn't have to be good for you, if it's not healthy on your body, it could be having a healthy effect on your mind!

Mom had a packet of biscuits on the side the other day and I remember thinking to myself, oh they're not very nice biscuits, I'm not keen on them, they were the round iced ones with a hole in, party rings I think they're called.  Well I looked and they appeared to have shrunk in size too.  Of course my greedy, curious gremlin had to try one to see if they were still not nice, and guess what, they were that particular kind of sweet, the one I don't actually like, but feel compelled to have another one!  6 biscuits later, I decided that would be my breakfast then, who needs eggs on a Saturday morning anyway!  Now some would consider that 6pp wasted on crap, I saw it as a reminder that 6pp of over sweet biscuits aren't all they're cracked up to be, don't last that long and the memory is soon gone.  I won't be eating them again, any time soon.  I will be asking my mom to move her biscuit tin from the kitchen table though as it's way too easy to walk in the kitchen, take one out and eat it, yeah I did that a couple of times yesterday, there are better biscuits in there now!   Yeah once you start that sweet tooth, it's hard to get rid of it, so the biscuit tin will be moved this morning, out of sight is out of mind.  I wouldn't have any of it in my house if it wasn't for mom, I can't eat what isn't there is my motto!

Monday morning already, where did that weekend go!  My brother made a good start on my greenhouse before rain stopped play, I managed to get a bit of gardening done too, I've got rid of my herb garden as I never use them and I've filled the drum  with pansies, so they should look really pretty once they flower.  I'm just waiting to get my bulbs now and then it'll be all ready for the pretty next spring.

I might have a proper breakfast this morning, or maybe I'll have it for my dinner, bit of soup for lunch and just start the day with my nutribullet drink and a large orange, we shall see.  I'm going to go check what's left in the freezer and cupboard and plan some meals for the week I think.  Yeah I'm off to do that now, I might even clear off the kitchen table whilst I'm down there and move those biscuits.

Here's to a great start to the week, tracking whatever I eat, getting an hour or two in the garden if the rain stays away, however your weekend went, here's to making Monday count, you can do it BeYOUtiful.

No comments: