Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 30 July 2015

Got me Julie on me back now!



30th July 2015
Accept what is, let go of what was, have faith in what will be.

I made my casserole as planned yesterday, actually it was a chicken hotpot which I'll eat today, as I ended up making a curry too.  When I went to Asda they had large chickens reduced to £2.79!  Well I bought two didn't I and as usual don't have any room in the freezer, so I skinned and portioned them, made my hot pot from the legs and a curry in the slow cooker from the breasts.  The curry was quite high in ProPoints so that was my last supper last night because today I'm 100% on track, on it like a car bonnet and have promised to do it properly and stop messing about!  Yep because the lovely Julie had a word with me last night and she's going to be keeping my weigh card, I'd also had a chat with a dietician earlier in the week and we'd both agreed we didn't give the BMI chart much credit but apparently the magic waist number is 32 inches for ladies and 36 for men.  Why?

Because your risk of some health problems is affected by where your body fat is stored, as well as by your weight. Carrying too much fat around your middle (waist) can increase your risk of developing conditions such as heart disease, type 2 diabetes and cancer 

So I've googled it and this is how to measure your waist:
· find the bottom of your ribs and the top of your hips
· breathe out naturally
· wrap a tape measure around your waist midway between these points to find your measurement

Yes you read that correctly breathe out naturally, don't suck it all in trying to save yourself an inch! 

One positive for me is I'm pear shaped, well I used to be, hitting middle age has changed my shape a bit and I'm storing more fat around my weight.  Again according to the experts most people are apple-shaped or pear-shaped. This means that when you put on weight, the fat is either stored around your hips (pear-shaped) or around your middle (apple-shaped).   If you're overweight and apple-shaped, you have a higher risk of health problems than if you're pear-shaped.

The NHS website says;
You have a higher risk of health problems if your waist size is:
  • more than 94cm (37 inches) if you're a man
  • more than 80cm (31.5 inches) if you're a woman
Your risk of health problems is even higher if your waist size is:
  • more than 102cm (40 inches) if you're a man 
  • more than 88cm (34.5 inches) if you're a woman  
With this information in place and after my chat with Julie, I've given myself a kick up the bum, this lose, lose, gain, maintain cha cha cycle has to stop, I still weigh the same I did on New Year's eve, it's now the end of July!  I know Julie won't let me get away with it (she has in fact become my leader of a sort! Scary thought!)

So yeah, I'm on track this morning, thinking not just about what I can eat but how I can actually make that fit within my ProPoints or I may go with F&H today because of the Chicken Hotpot, all the ingredients are F&H, skinned chicken legs, carrots, onions, potatoes, chicken oxo cubes.  I only used 400g potato (8pp) on the whole dish which has 4 legs (7pp each) in, so at most it's 9pp a portion which isn't bad at all.

Anyway, I need to get a wriggle on, got a meal plan to sort, I've got 5 weeks till my new meeting open on September 5th, it'd be nice to lose half stone for sure! 

Here's to a healthy middle age, rather than heading towards diabetes I say! 

Enjoy your day BeYOUtiful, take care of you because you're important too!

No comments: