Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 21 July 2015

Chicken Burgers anyone?



Tuesday 21st July 2015

It is astonishing how short a time it can take for very wonderful things to happen.




Another good day yesterday, made the effort in the cooking department too and cut up some veggies to eat on my dinner, carrots, cauliflower and courgette served with cod a parsley sauce and mash potatoes, absolutely delicious it was and only 10pp.



I did see in my group some delicious looking Filling & Healthy chilli chicken burgers, the really caught my eye, so here is the recipe (thank you Jane);



Minced chicken breast,

2 slices Weight Watchers bread whizzed into bread crumbs,

garlic minced,

chilli flakes



mix all together, make into burger shapes (Jane uses a burger press), leave in fridge to firm up for 30 minutes, then put them on a wire rack over a roasting tin and pop in oven.



Don't they look good;


You could add any flavourings or have them plain if you're not a chilly fan, I think I need to experiment.  And if you know me, you may have already guessed it, I've just ordered me a burger press!  I do like a gadget, especially one under a tenner, thank you Amazon.



I've just heard on the radio that sales of sausages have dropped!  I think that's because they're not free on Filling & Healthy :) joking aside though, it's easier to make healthy burgers or patties than it is sausages. 



I've been hearing a lot about these 'Heck' sausages, so I've just gone to look at them on the Asda website, yeah they might be made of chicken, and according to the nutritional info they work out at 2pp per 100g grilled, there's 10 in the packet for 8pp in total!  

Nutritional Values
Typical values
Per 100g (grilled)

Energy
448 kJ / 106 kcal

Fat
2.3g

of which saturates
0.4g

Carbohydrate
1.5g

of which sugars
1.5g

Protein
18.7g

Salt
1.9g


But they're not F&H because of the ingredients;
85% British Chicken , Corn Flour , Water , Mozzarella (4%) (from Milk) , Sun-Dried Tomatoes (3%) , Basil , Garlic , Seasoning (Salt, Rice Flour, Leek Powder, Sugar, Spice, Preservative (Sodium Sulphite), Yeast Extract, Natural Flavouring, Citric Acid, Spice Extracts, Antioxidant (Ascorbic Acid)) , Herb Extract , Filled into Beef Collagen casings .

Yep if you make your own burgers, it doesn't have to contain preservatives or go into a beef collagen casing, it's just the chicken (or lean beef) mince and herbs.



I'm looking forward to my working week, seeing all those smiling faces at the scales!  I've been really productive this weekend, made a second planter box yesterday (painted this one orange!), although my mitre saw is broke, I thought it was the blade so replaced but it still doesn't work, so I had to use the jigsaw and I don't think that's going to last long as I can't get the allen key screws out to replace the blade.  Hey ho, I'll do what I can whilst I can, maybe when I've built up the strength in my arms, I'll be able to use a hand saw.  Yes I'm a little stiff this morning, my gollum get out of bed look was a little more emphasised, my arms, legs and my left bum cheek have that muscle sore feeling, don't even ask me why my left bum cheek!  Just shows being out in the garden doing a bit works parts you don't even realise.



Right I'm off, I need to go and take something out of the freezer so I have lunch, I'm trying to get my freezer contents down, I want to have the bottom drawer as frozen fruit/veg for my nutribullet.



Here's to a tremendous Tuesday, on track and smiling - you in BeYOUtiful?

No comments: