Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 13 June 2015

I likes making time to do nothing!



13th June 2015
I used to hope that you'd bring me flowers.  Now I plant my own. Rachel Wolchin.
I love that quote, when I read it this morning it made me nod, don't get me wrong I still like to receive flowers, but that's not really what I was thinking about when I read it, for me it's saying if you want something, don't rely on others, go out there and get it yourself!  I've done that all my life and I'm so grateful that my mom bought me up with that mindset, and my gardens now full of flowers ;)

I've just slept from 8pm - 5am and the alarm had to wake me up, that's so welcomed, I was absolutely shattered, hence my day of doing sod all yesterday, once I'd got my paperwork done about 11am, I chilled.  My idea of a lovely day, I managed an hour up the garden enjoying the sunshine before it disappeared behind clouds and the rain followed.  I enjoyed some more of my book, getting to the end of it now and I cooked butter chicken before going to enjoy my massage as I knew I wouldn't cook when I got back.  Mom and I stood in her room watching the squirrel he was eating the berries from one of our bushes and burying his nuts all over my garden, if we get hungry we now know where they are - in my hanging baskets, pots, everywhere - he was a busy lad! 

We can all learn from our squirrel, he plans ahead, stores food ready for when there isn't any, do you do that?  Do you this to plan for the end of the month when pay day is a week away and your finances are tight?  Would it help if at the beginning of the month you bought some tinned stuff for then? Just a thought, it's amazing what you can buy for a tenner if you think about it beforehand.

I'm up for more relaxation today, I've got a busy morning, then a bit of shopping, then mom and I are going to get stuck into her jigsaw!   

I've been thinking about in season vegetables as they're usually cheaper, here's a delicious looking meal that combines all my favourite ingredients into one dish! Nom nom.

Baked eggs with mushrooms, potatoes, spinach and gruyère

Serves 2, 10pp each

 

400g floury potatoes (8pp)
1 tbsp olive oil (4pp)
200g mixed mushrooms
1 garlic clove
100g baby spinach
4 tbsp vegetarian gruyere (40g of gruyere portion is 4pp)
2 medium free-range eggs (4pp)
Salt, to season
Large pinch of chilli flakes

1.    Heat the oven to 220°C/fan200°C/gas 7. Cut the potatoes into 2-3cm chunks. Put in a large ovenproof frying pan, season and drizzle with the olive oil. Roast in the oven for 12 minutes.
2.    Cut the mushrooms into quarters, chop the garlic, then toss them through the potatoes. Roast for 10 minutes until the potatoes are tender. Remove from the oven and stir in the spinach until it has wilted in the heat from the pan.
3.    Grate in the gruyere then, using the back of a spoon, make 2 hollows in the vegetables. Crack the eggs into the hollows. Season with salt and the chilli flakes. Return to the oven and cook for 6-8 minutes until the eggs are just set.

On that delicious note, I'm off to load my car in the rain ;) then I'll shower and dress -  it's ok I have pj's on!

Enjoy your weekend whatever the weather, see grey skies as silver, go play in those puddles.

No comments: