Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 28 June 2015

Here's to a chilled out Sunday



28th June 2015
The past is a good place to learn from but not to live in.

Sunday morning, no rushing, no having to be anywhere = bliss!  I've been awake a while just chilling in bed, reading and looking for recipe and garden ideas on the internet, gotta say I do love to start my day this way.  I'm hoping this rain isn't staying for the day as I want to get outside!

Another cracking week in my meetings, 445lb lost at those scales, just brilliant!  We all got to take home a Weight Watcher challenge snapper to make, although they seem to have lots of different names, consequences, Chinese fortune tellers, call them what you will, I remember playing with them when I was a kid, and my bestie and I had the best giggle making one out of a napkin in a pub once.  If you fancy your own, here's the link to download and make one www.happyowls.co.uk/WWsnapper.docx - enjoy!

Oh ma'an my internet connection ain't playing this morning, it keeps kicking me off!  That doesn't help with the playing and looking for ideas, or uploading my blog once I've written it.  Hey Ho!

Mmm this recipe sounds cheap, quick easy and tasty, everything I like about my food!

Tuna hash
serves 2, 15pp per serving.

2 medium potatoes, cut into 2cm cubes (500g = 10pp)
2cm cube butter (30g - 5pp)
1 tablespoon oil to fry (4pp)
1⁄2 red onion, sliced
185g can tuna, drained of oil (9pp)
1⁄2 x 340g can sweetcorn (3pp)
1.    Put the potatoes on to boil for 8–10 minutes, until they are tender. Drain and return to the pan. Add the butter and gently stir around.
2.    Heat a little oil in a frying pan and fry the onions until they begin to brown
3.    Add the potatoes, sweetcorn, and tuna to the pan and gently stir.
4.    Heat on a medium heat and allow the hash to brown and then stir in the brown bits. Repeat twice. Don’t keep stirring the hash or the tuna will go mushy.
5.    Serve
You can easily make that lower in ProPoints if you wanted to change and cut down on some of the fat in the recipe. 

Anyways I'm gonna get my paperwork done, then I'm feeling a trip to the garden centres coming on!  Whatever you're up to today - enjoy!  Who knows I might convince mom to come along and we can have coffee and I can watch her eat cake!  Stay focused and on track, a soggy Sunday can lead to a day of sod it syndrome - don't be catching it!

No comments: