Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 23 May 2015

Alarm clock at the weekend - boo!



23rd May 2015
It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well have not lived at all - in which case, you fail by default." J K Rowling


Alarm scared the life out of me this morning, I really must work out how to get it to come onto radio instead of a beep, I've slept from 9.30-5am, lovely and I would've slept longer if the alarm hadn't gone off! 

Looking promising for a nice day out there this morning, I've just got my meeting to do this morning, food shop straight after then I may spend this afternoon in the garden painting, I've also got a couple of recipes I fancy trying.  I love the universe and how it works, I have 3 ingredients I need to use, red lentils, coconut milk and a butternut squash, the lentils and coconut have been in my cupboard for 12 months and in the week I realised they're about to run out of their sell by date, then yesterday when I was looking for recipes for my nutribullet, I also stumbled across two recipes for those ingredients, so at some point this weekend I'll be making;

Red Lentil & Coconut Dal

100g of red lentils (9pp)
200ml of coconut milk (9pp)
400ml of vegetable stock
1 large red onion – finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic – finely chopped
1 fresh green chilli – finely chopped
2 fresh lemon grass stalks – bruised
Olive oil (1tsp = 1pp)

  • Start by bashing the lemon grass. Use the butt of a large knife or something with plenty of weight behind it. This will split and bruise the stalk and allow the wonderful fresh oils to leach out of the lemon grass into the dish.
  • Saute the onion, garlic, chilli, and lemon grass in a little olive oil with a pinch of salt, until the onion has softened.
  • Add in the lentils and the coconut milk, and allow to simmer for 3-4 minutes.
  • Start adding the vegetable stock little by little. Keep doing this until the lentils have softened and partially broken down, which usually takes about 20-25 minutes.

Butternut squash The Quickest Recipe Ever

350g butternut squash
1tsp sunflower oil (1pp)
1.5tsp vegetable Bouillon powder (1pp)
250ml boiling water
generous pinch of pink Himalayan salt
½tsp cumin
  • Preheat the oven to 175°C
  • Peel and chop the butternut squash into 2cm cubes. Cover in the sunflower oil and roast in the oven for 20 minutes or until soft.
  • Place the butternut squash into the blender with the remaining ingredients and blitz until velvety smooth.
  • Serve and enjoy!
So that's enough to keep me busy, I had me plenty of me time yesterday afternoon, really enjoyed my massage then came home and chilled for the evening, followed by an early night.

Love my life I do, aren't I lucky, and for those who want to see one of the reasons why, this is a 10 minute clip of my mom just being my mom, she hasn't changed, the one constant throughout, observant, witty and sharp!  There may be a lot of repetition throughout our days but that's overshadowed by the humour and the love.


Appreciate what and who you have in your life BeYOUtiful, its what makes us blessed.

No comments: