Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 8 April 2015

Suns rising at last!

8th April 2015
You'll turn out ordinary if you're not careful.

Sitting in the dark writing my blog because of the clocks changing, it's so quiet at this time of day, I love the silence, the only sound is my fingers tapping away on the keyboard and the sound of my pc running which is a continual sound so becomes the norm, it actually sounds a little like the sea, quite soothing.

It appears most of us enjoyed Easter, there were some expected gains in the meeting yesterday but fair play quite a few losses as well, the line of day had to be "oh I remember why I haven't lost weight, I ate 10 cakes!" half hours after she'd been weighed.  In her defense that sounds much worse than it was, they were tiny fairy cakes eaten over more than one day.

So I'm all about the healthy and I'm going back to basics, I want to find healthy, tasty foods that are going to be kind to my stomach, so yesterday I had scrambled egg and smoked salmon on a slice of seeded bread, simple food, easy to prepare and tasty (we'll not talk about the swallowing part of it at the moment, although that has improved enormously so I'm on the mend hopefully).

I noticed a recipe for roasted cauliflower in the Co-op magazine which looks like it might be tasty.  Cauliflower is rich in vitamin C apparently, something I did not know!  100 g provides about 48.2 mg or 80% of daily recommended value.  Anyway this recipe brings out its flavour by roasting it with spices - it makes a delicious side dish.

Spiced roasted cauliflower

Serves 4 at 2pp each.  Preheat the oven to 200oC/fan 180oC/Gas 6.  Put 1 large head of cauliflower, broken into florets, into a roasting dish with 2 tsp ground cumin, 2 tsp ground coriander, 2 tbsp olive oil (8pp) and a little freshly ground pepper.  Mix together until well coated.  Roast in the oven for 30 minutes, stirring halfway through, then serve.

I fancy that, I also fancy kebabs as mentioned in my meeting yesterday, not the kind from the chippy, the kind you make yourself on kebab sticks!  I'm thinking chunks of chicken, courgette, peppers, onions, mushrooms cooked in the oven, you could put a marinade on the chicken I guess, but I think I'd enjoy them as they are on a bed of brown rice.

I might be tempted to make a marinade with a bit of olive oil/honey/soy sauce and pepper and soak the chicken in it overnight. 

Mmm I'm going to enjoy rethinking my eating I reckon, time to get those cook books out again, and with the sunshine arriving over the last few days, salad will definitely be making a comeback.  I enjoyed a mango yesterday, they taste just amazing at the moment, I think I'll have the other one for my breakfast.

Have a wicked Wednesday, midweek already!  Soon be the weekend BeYOUtiful.


No comments: