Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 13 April 2015

Pour me a glass.... of water!



13th April 2015
You have to believe in yourself when no one else does.  That makes you a winner right there. Venus Williams
So proud of my BeYOUtiful members completing their sponsored walk yesterday, they were lucky with the weather, even if it was a little windy, at least they were all home and safe before the torrential rain appeared!  I'm aiming to get moms fundraising efforts up to £1k by the weekend and with the help of those that did the walk yesterday, I think we might just do it!  The money we're raising is going to the Alzheimer's society, if you'd like to donate text MOMS76 £1 to 70070 or donate via my mom's page https://www.justgiving.com/Mymom, we're up to £740 so far!

I've also got the Art Auction, click here to place your bid please

And this weekend there's an open weekend at the Wolverhampton Fitness & Swimming Centre where I do my Saturday meetings so I'm planning on having a bit of a fundraiser at the same time, they're be bakes to buy (all ProPointed of course) and a tombola (so if you have any prizes to donate please bring them along to your meeting this week) and why not pop along on Saturday to say hi, I'll be there from 9 till 1, you can also check out the centre whilst your there, have a nosey, they have a cafe too for a cuppa if you're thirsty!

Anyway moving on, I started a 7lb in 7 weeks challenge with my members online yesterday, I will be doing it in all the meetings this week too, 7 weeks takes us into June and of course Summer, have you tried on your shorts yet!  Oh my days, I have, they sure leave a mark, their indentation because they're so tight.  I want to get back in my shorts by summer for sure, so that's the plan, 1lb a week for 7 weeks, a few tweaks here and there and we can do it. 

I've been replacing tea and wine with more water, I'm adding slices of lemon to it as I've been told that alkalizes the body amongst other things, there's a list of 29 benefits of drinking lemon water on pinterest!  I'd already started drinking it, then this morning I spotted that on pinterest, I followed a link and this is what it says on one of the webpages. “When we wake up in the morning, our bodily tissues are dehydrated and are in need of water to push out toxins and rejuvenate the cells. In other words, this homemade “lemonade” helps eliminate internal toxins, regulating proper kidney and digestive tract functions by forcing them to work as smoothly as possible.  Water with lemon provides the body with electrolytes which hydrate your body. As lemons contain good amount of electrolytes such as potassium, calcium and magnesium….”

If you need more reasons, here's the article http://www.lahealthyliving.com/natural-remedies-remedies/20-unbelievable-reasons-to-start-your-day-with-water-and-lemon/

I've noticed since I started drinking more water over the last week, the more I drink it, the more of it I want to drink, I've already had almost 2 pints this morning, just sat sipping it at my desk and I actually want another glass.
Right, I'm off for another glass of the clear stuff, I've got my meeting to get to, it's my weigh day - wish me luck!  Here's to the first pound of that 7lb for summer, hopefully!



No comments: