Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 21 April 2015

Enjoyed some much needed family time



21st April 2015
Be careful who you make memories with. Those things can last a lifetime." Ugo Eze

We had a lovely day yesterday apart from the doctors and the dentist bit of course!  Although they went okay too.  Lynne popped over for an hour and we had a coffee, then mom and I went for a lovely drive round, she enjoys looking at the beautiful countryside through the window, no need to stop apparently.  77 miles we covered, mom spotted a hairy cow in a field of horses, which turned out to be a bale of hay!  

As we'd forgotten to have lunch when we got back and I'd been shopping, we had a cornet, Carte D'Or Salted Caramel Ice Cream, 60g scoop 3pp with a cornet 1pp, it was delicious and shared with Alfie!  My tea was different, chicken curry and mashed potato, it worked and they were both already made from the day before and I didn't want to waste the spuds, I even put a bit of cheese on the mash and grilled it, was nice if not a bit random.

There is not right or wrong when it comes to food combinations, it's what you enjoy that matters and what's going to keep you healthy and happy.  Yesterday, I didn't think about what I was going to eat next until it was time to cook, that's really healthy because it means I'm not obsessing over food.  I had scrambled eggs for breakfast because it was one of the only choices we had in the house, I completely forgot to eat lunch because we were enjoying ourselves.  I felt peckish when I was doing my shop so ate a small packet of cooked meat rather than nipping to Mac D's or grabbing a packet of crisps or a bar of chocolate.  That kept me satisfied until I got home and made our tea. 

I did sit in the garden on my new bench and enjoy the last bit of sunshine with a bottle of beer first though, that's the first time I've done that this year.  On the morning I'd spent an hour in the garden, clearing it up ready for the summer flowers, half filled the green bin, I've planted out some sweet peas and sprayed my wheelbarrow planters gold, they were a gift from one of my amazing members, he made them!  I'd forgot to get a bag of soil but when I do, one's going to have sweet peas in them and a climbing frame, the others yet to be decided.   The man at the shop reliably informed me it's still a little early to do my hanging baskets unless I've got somewhere indoors to keep them, so they'll wait.


Love my new comfy bench, It's now got some cushions on it and I need to give it another paint job I think, this is the chappy who made my bench if you fancy something a bit different https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pallet-Creations-UK/516231645178826

Food Find Alert....
Bought these from Sainsbury's yesterday after being told about them in our group, only 11pp per base, bargain!  They've already got tomato puree in the base, but I'm going to add a bit more, some delicious zero ProPointed veggies, maybe a bit of ham for an extra ProPoint and of course a little bit of grated cheese for another ProPoint.  But 13pp for a pizza the size of a dinner plate, that'll do me thank you very much!

I better start my week, looking forward to seeing all my BeYOUtiful members at the scales and remember whether you've had a 'good' or a 'bad' week, your meeting is the place to get to for support, encouragement and ideas.  It's not feasible to be 'good' and on track all the time, there's too many opportunities in life to overindulge and have fun, because let's be honest indulging is enjoyable after all so we're going to want to do it.  The important thing is realising that's part of your journey, persistence not perfection is what's key, this is about finding the balance to give you a healthy and happy lifestyle and that sometimes means you won't get a loss on the scales but you probably had a really fun time not losing weight that week!

Here's to a great day in every way.

No comments: