Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 27 February 2015

Today is all about ME ;)



27th February 2015
When your choice is to be right or to be kind, always make the choice that brings peace.  Wayne Dyer

Yesterday was a fab day, actually my meetings have been great this week, I've noticed lots of members who've been struggling for whatever reasons all seemed ready and more determined to get back to it, maybe it's the lighter nights that are lifting our moods.

Two of my BeYOUtiful members achieved their goals too which is always fantastic, and this photo was posted in my members closed facebook group;




Sally really has put shown there that it is a journey and one that isn't easy or straightforward, but persistence really does pay off! 

I had me a delicious F&H day yesterday, crumpets, egg and tomatoes for breakfast.  Salmon, mash, corn on the cob and leeks for lunch and steak and left over mash with the leftover tomatoes for tea, all of it was delicious!  I used some of my weeklies for some of the red stuff, Thursday's is one day I don't have to get up at silly o'clock and leave early so I can enjoy a glass ;) although I was still up before 6! 

Mom and I watched the Brits and obviously I knew what was coming up with the Madonna slip but moms memory is so bad that she'd forgotten all about anything that she may have heard about it earlier in the day, so I taped her reaction, here it is if you want to view, I know some of you really love her and enjoy her antics, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FC2YcdV7qU is the youtube link, or https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152985445010862&l=9171178616731074545 for the facebook link.  She's just an absolute diamond and once this week's out of the way I intend to pull back on some of the extra work I've been doing to spend time with her.

Life really is too short to spend all of your time at work no matter how much you enjoy it!  A wonderful member expressed her concern to me yesterday and I was very touched by the fact she cared, what made me laugh was when it became a conversation between a few of us, the idea of me "making myself ill" from overworking ended with most people saying "and then who would look after your mom".  This really made me giggle, what about me!  Who would look after ME.  It was a conversation that once more proved woman mostly look after everyone else before thinking about themselves, they put everyone's needs ahead of their own, which is why so many of them have that weight problem to start with!

We need to realise we matter too, we are as important as everyone else.  Yes it's true that if I don't take care of myself, I can't take care of my mom, but my health is equally as important not less than, and the same goes for all of us.  We're all equal on the importance scale, if there is such a thing.

So today, put your own needs first for a change, I truly intend too, I'm off to have my hair cut, then going for an aromatherapy massage and an Indian head massage which my friend bought me a voucher for my birthday and I'm going to really enjoy a me day. 

Whatever you're up to, make time for you, remember you're important too and enjoy whatever you do. xx

No comments: