Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 20 February 2015

I'm a sucker for a bargain!



20th February 2015
You are far too smart to be the only thing standing in your way!


Good morning world it's a brand new day and it's a Friday, fabulous!  I plan to do as little as possible today, once I've got the paperwork out of the way, I'm up for a day of recharging my batteries and chilling out, got me a massage booked and a good book to bury my head in = bliss.

I never got round to eating the chicken yesterday so I'll cook it today and that's dinner sorted.  I ended up eating simple yesterday, muffin with coronation chicken on at lunch as it was on the sell by date and tea was sandwich thins with egg mayo on.  It did the job and used the stuff out of the fridge. 

I popped into Asda yesterday on my way back to my meeting, I needed something, now what was it?  I can't even remember to be honest and I probably didn't "NEED" it, I probably just wanted it.  Anyway as I was walking around I noticed a lady, she was picking a bag of crispy things out of one of those end of aisle tubs, and scrutinising them!  I smiled, leaned over and said, "you don't need them, you've only picked them up because they're new and cheap", She looked up, looked at the bag in her hand, looked at me and said, "you're right", then she threw them back in the tub and walked off smiling. 

How many of us do that?  I think we all do don't we and now so many of us don't do that main weekly shop we get more opportunities to be tempted, according to research some of us shop more than four times a week, with most of us shopping at least twice.

And let's be honest the more we shop, the more we spend, you see that one item that you didn't need and it's on offer, so now you didn't need one but somehow you've bought two!  Those supermarkets know how to take our money of us with all those end of aisle offers, Asda had Walkers crisps in BOXES yesterday 40 packets for £4, 10p a packet, for the love of god - WHY?  A single packet will set you back about 50p I bet, something wrong there isn't there.  I resisted by the way as we all know that £4 of crisps wouldn't have lasted much longer in my house than a single packet, I have a problem with them, I believe they go off in a couple of hours! 
Yeah those supermarkets for are a proper challenge, with their bargains at the entrance, end of aisles, the bogofs, the meal deals, the tasters, the "oooo I've not seen those before!" - oh ma'an I need to go back to online shopping I think.
Yeah the more I (& you I reckon) put myrself in that supermarket, the more likely I am to buy stuff I didn't need, that wasn't on my list and end up with too much stuff in my house, probably with a short sell by date and needing to be eaten! 

A bargain isn't a bargain if you didn't need it in the first place, and that box of crisps that's so cheap will actually cost you more in the long run because you'll have gained weight and paid to not lose weight at your meeting!

So yeah, I've just this second and a few days too late to say it's for lent am going to ban myself from supermarkets for a month, I'm going cold turkey.  I actually think I just physically shuddered at the thought of that....
I'll shop online for the foreseeable because I'm out of control in them at them moment, I reckon I'll spend a lot less doing my shop online for sure and it'll also save me time by doing it online.
That's my Friday realisation and hopefully it's put me in the right frame of mind to have a good on track weekend.  Here's to a fantastic, fabulous Friday BeYOUtiful - you in?

No comments: