Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 22 February 2015

Here's your Sunday service '-)

22nd February 2015
When I was young I used to wish I would fit in - I'm glad I didn't get my wish.


I rested nearly all day Friday and again yesterday afternoon/evening, I spent time reading and doing our jigsaw (we lost the last piece - oops) and generally trying to rest my brain.  It's impossible to have a 100% Weight Watcher free day when you're a leader, there's always someone asking you a questions via facebook or your mobile, but other than those instances, I've had a mini break without leaving my house and it's done me the world of good! 

I've woken up today feeling refreshed and my head ready for action, I also woke up thinking about food!  Somethings never change, I'm thinking scrambled eggs on warby thins, yes today will be a filling & healthy day because I want to cook a nice meal as I'm out tomorrow at head office, I'll make and leave mom food, as I know she'll live on toast otherwise!

Fish, I fancy fish, I've just read on a members meal planner, fish in butter sauce, mmm I haven't had one of those boil in the bags for so long, but I won't have that, I'll make myself similar, I have white fish and salmon, ooo I might make a fish pie, yay my brains recharged and all the tabs are open again ;-)

I'm googling for ideas, there's a pea puree I quite like the idea of

160g of frozen garden peas - place peas in boiling water and simmer for around 10 minutes until they are soft, but still bright green. If they are dull they are dead! You need them soft enough to semi puree, but not so soft they vapourise. At this stage, drain and mash with a potato masher, or you could put them into a food processor and process on a low setting so as to maintain a rough chunky puree.

That would be tasty with a roasted salmon fillet or one cooked in a Maggi garlic paper liners, yeah that's an easy meal to cook and quick.  Serve it with roasted butternut squash and you've got a really healthy, tasty meal.

If you need convincing even more about the benefits of eating more salmon, it's packed with omega-3 fatty acids, they help maintain healthy cholesterol levels and protect the blood vessels from inflammatory damage, which can be the first step in the process that later leads to heart attacks. Omega 3 is also beneficial for the rate and extent to which blood clots.  Omega-3 fatty acids are very powerful anti-inflammatory agents. The body actually transforms them into our own built-in anti-inflammatories that can ‘turn off’ the inflammatory reaction.  And if you need even more convincing Omega 3 is also vital for the health of the brain and nervous system. The cells have a special arrangement of fatty material on their outer surface, called the myelin sheath, that is vital for sending and receiving messages. This fatty material can get damaged, and needs adequate essential fats for maintenance. Research has shown that omega 3 can be beneficial in issues such as depression, memory enhancement, even behaviour and mood stability. WOW that's what I call a super food, SUPER SALMON!  It's delicious too, let's be honest.

I love how food isn't just delicious, it affects our body in more ways than are just visible!  On that note, I'm off to make me a cuppa and make some us some eggs, then check the cupboards and freezer for ingredients to cook up a tasty dinner.

Here's to a scrumptious Sunday BeYOUtiful, hope you enjoy yours as much as I plan to enjoy mine. 


No comments: