Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 4 January 2015

Happy first Sunday of 2015!



4th January 2015
The trouble is, you think you have time.  Buddha

Well I've just lay in bed reading for two hours, that was lovely and I've finished my book which I really enjoyed, easy to read and couldn't believe those two house had passed.  I have made the most of my break, I have to say it's been lovely to chill out, back to normality tomorrow though, need to get everything ready for my meetings and my members on Tuesday.

I finally got my cooking mojo back yesterday too, second day on track, I had poached egg, bacon medallions with cherry tomatoes and lettuce on a Warburton thin for breakfast.  Then I made soup, the leek and potato idea went out the window as soon as I realised I didn't have leeks!  Instead I used sweet white onions and garlic, used about 600g of potatoes which I boiled, fried the 3 large onions and about 4 or 5 cloves of garlic then blended it all up adding a couple of stock cubes, dried chives salt and pepper to flavour it.

Our main meal changed from what I'd planned instead I fancied cooking, so I roasted a diced up butternut squash , 60g of chorizo, 1 slice of bacon chopped up, unpeeled garlic cloves, dried sage, then served it with wholewheat spaghetti and it was delicious.

This was all washed down with a couple of glasses of wine, so everything was Filling and Healthy other than the wine and the 3pp for the chorizo and bacon in my main meal.  Now to decide today's plan.  I'm thinking boiled eggs for breakfast, soup and a meat salad for lunch, then our main meal will be chicken cooked in one of those maggi paper things with either spaghetti or diced potatoes cooked in my actifry.  I will decide when I'm in the kitchen, thinking brocolli for the vegetable.  Mmm and beetroot on the salad, nom nom, this F&H is proper tasty when you stop and think about it.

I think I'll actually have a go at my rocking chair today too, I can't not do any of it when I've been off work over a week, it's sitting in the middle of my bedroom 1/3rd complete looking very sorry for itself!

Yeah as it's my last day off, I'll do some of the chair, cook a nice dinner and have a nice long bubble bath and start a new book.  What a perfect day, I'll also add in a walk I think.  Happy Days.

I might make curried parsnip soup too and freeze it so I have it ready for when I'm back at work.  Nom Nom,

Right I'm off to make me a cuppa, here's to a glorious Sunday.




No comments: