Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 10 December 2014

15 sleeps till Christmas (& 42 meals!)



10th December 2014
Start where you are, use what you have, do what you can!

14 x 3 = 42, that’s how many meals you have before you wake up Christmas morning (based on an average of 3 a day) add to that all the snacking and ‘sod it’ eating you could indulge in over the next two weeks and you can do a great deal of damage to your weight before Christmas Day even arrives!  This realisation is why I decided to eat as healthy as possible when I can in that time and at the same time encourage my members to do the same. 

A lot of damage can be done between now and new year if we completely forget about eating healthy, whereas if we do what we can when we can and enjoy those meals and celebrations we’ve got planned at other times, we’ll be so glad we did come January 1st.  Let’s make the majority of our food choices wise ones for the rest of the year, focus on the healthy and happy.
  
Yesterday I managed a good day, phili light on bagel for breakfast 6pp, beef stew for lunch 10pp and chicken tikka masala with brown rice for tea 11pp, that was me sorted for the day and I went to bed feeling good.  I also managed to resist the chippy as I walked past it smelling tasty, I put that down to the fact I had a full belly which had been fed all those lovely filling and healthy foods.

I’ve woke up this morning feeling good, knowing that if I continue like I did yesterday I can hopefully lose that 1/2lb by Monday and if I don’t as long as I’m not gaining each week until 2015, I’ll be happy!  Damage limitation rather than ignorance is bliss!

I love that people are still joining my meetings, they’ve told me that putting it off was just delaying the inevitable and giving it chance to get worse, they have a point.

I’m sorted for today, I may be eating the same meals as I did yesterday but they were tasty so it’s all good, can’t beat a bit of preparation.  I’m looking forward to the weekend as it’s my first quiet one work wise for three weeks so I’m hoping to get in the kitchen a bit more and cook a nice roast dinner, mmm that’ll be nice.  And I should get my copy of the 2015 Weight Watcher cookbook today, I can’t wait, and will be baking from that over the weekend too hopefully.  Thinking about the contents of the freezer, I’ll defrost some salmon for tomorrow and maybe have it with chips.  I’m not doing a big shop till I’ve used all that meat in the freezer.

It’s amazing what a difference catching up on my sleep makes to me, I’m feeling so much better, more in control, when I’m tired I eat, I go looking for my mattress in the fridge because let’s be honest it’s not always possible to go to sleep, especially on a Sunday morning when you’re sat in an area meeting, that wouldn’t have looked good would it, me fast asleep on the table whilst my manager talked about our January campaign!  I wasn’t far off doing that though!

However today my eyes are fully open and I’m totally awake, I’ve caught up on my sleep, it’s taken a few early nights and a Monday of doing nothing but it’s worked, I listened to my body and rested it rather than continuing to overeat to fuel it! Works a treat I have to admit, I likes to sleep I do, I’m like a grumpy toddler with tourettes when I don’t, just ask the lovely Dawn who picked me up Sunday morning for confirmation of that one!

On that note, I’m off to sort mom out and get ready for work, I need to go buy wrapping paper too because it’s beginning to look at lot like Christmas :)

Have a great day BeYOUtiful, be kind to yourself and gentle on yourself and focus on the healthy where you can and enjoy the happy when you can’t. xx

No comments: