Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 14 October 2014

Who wants to live forever?



14th October 2014
None of us get a how-to guide, we’re all just kind of winging it. BeYOUtiful!

Yesterday was definitely a stay indoors day, although I did venture out once with Alfie, he wasn’t staying out long and I was glad, so I didn’t make 10,000 on my fitbit, I’ll have to go for an average of 10,000 over the 7 days to catch up, I managed 5,067 and Sunday I did 13,657, and my ankles are all plastered up because of the blisters caused they still sting which isn’t impressing me, so whether it’s raining this morning or not I shall be wearing sandals to work!




I had a lovely day doing what I fancied which included listening to the radio whilst baking banana cake from the Cooking The Weight Watcher Way book, I only had a small sliver off the end of the cake but mom agrees it was delicious, I believe can’t beat warm cake mmm.  Then I made some bread pudding 


Bread Pudding (total 24pp) uses 8pp from weekly allowance if following F&H
  • 8 oz/225 g calorie controlled brown bread, broken up into smallish pieces (14pp)
  • 1/2 pt/300ml cold tea
  • 10-15g splenda powdered sweetener (to own taste)
  • 1 egg (beaten) (2pp)
  • 100g sultanas (8pp)
  • 1/4 tsp mixed spice
Put the bread in a bowl and add the cold tea. Allow to soak for 1 hr.
Drain the bread and squeeze out any excess tea (using your hands!)
Mix the bread with the rest of the ingredients.
Pour into a greased 8" square baking tin

Cook at 180C/gas 4 for 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 hours until firm to the touch and brown on top.
Allow to cool for 30 mins or so in the tin, before cutting into squares.  Serve warm or cold.
 


And finally I cooked the spaghetti with chorizo & rosemary pangritata recipe from http://wwbevsworld.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/cant-beat-being-human-being-rather-than.html?m=1, by lowering & adapting the ingredients slightly I lowered the ProPoints of this meal to 15 from 21pp!

120g wholewheat spaghetti = 10pp
2tbsp olive oil = 8pp
75g chorizo = 6pp
89g (4 slices) low calorie brown bread (instead of ciabatta) = 6pp
All the other ingredients are zero anyways.  I liked it mom wasn't impressed - you can’t please everyone!  Alfie was impressed too though.
 
I enjoyed a glass of red with my meal and sat with mom watching bad tv for the rest of the day, I can’t remember what I was watching or listening to but it was all about living longer – WHY?  I’m sorry but why does everyone want to live forever, I don’t, it seems we can keep our bodies fitter for longer but not so much our minds and….. my mind went off when I was having these thoughts, especially as I was holding a glass of wine in my hand at the time.  How long do you want to live anyway?  What are you prepared to give up to ensure that existence?  I realised a few years ago that I’m all about the healthy and happy now, some things ensure I’m healthy other things aren’t quite so good for my health ‘allegedly’ but wow they’re amazing for my happiness, so I’ve found my balance.  If I knew with 100% certainty that giving up red wine would give me an extra 10-15 years on my life, I’d carry on drinking red wine, because I enjoy it that much and to have the next 30 or more years without it, well for me not worth the trade-off.   If however I was told if I didn’t stop doing X, Y & Z I wouldn’t be able to walk in a few years time, then yep I’d stop doing those things.  It’s all about whether it’s worth it isn’t it.  So knowing that certain foods such as pastry gives me terrible heartburn makes it easy for me to say ‘no thank you’.  Knowing the last time I drank Port made me feel down and grumpy for a few days has meant I haven’t remotely considered buying a bottle since Christmas. 

It’s the reason I don’t bake all the time because if you bake it, it gets eaten, two people in the house, you do the maths!  I wouldn’t dream of buying me a cake when I’m doing my weekly shop, but if it’s freshly baked in my kitchen, well that’s a different story, hence it’s an occasional thing.

So do you want to live forever?  Or how long do you want to live and what are you willing to do to give you a fighting chance?  This week I’m willing to aim for my average 10,000 steps a day and eat a predominately Filling & Healthy diet, oh and drink glasses rather than bottles of red wine ;)!

Here’s to a good life BeYOUtiful, mostly balanced with moments of excess, focusing on the healthy and happy and don’t complain about things you’re not willing to change. xx


No comments: