Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 3 October 2014

Thank crunchie it's Friday, ooo a crunchie mmm

3rd October 2014
Be thankful for what you are now, and keep fighting for what you want to be tomorrow.


Wide awake at 3am this morning I was and I did think shall I just get up and go do my paperwork but I thought no I’ll be shattered by lunchtime and I’ve got my bestie coming over for some well earned giggles later so instead I read for half hour and that seemed to do the trick because I managed to drop off back to sleep again, so although I haven’t had the best night’s sleep (you gotta love hormones, hot sweats the lot – it’s fabulous being a woman), I have managed to sleep, I did fall asleep watching tele downstairs last night too, I reckon I had an hour down there before coming up to bed!

Talking about being a woman these days and I’m not taking anything away from the men here at all, but I’ve chatted with quite a few ladies this week who are just shattered, they’re not only having to work full time, but they’re moms too and housewives – that’s hard work by anyone’s standards!  Why don’t they be stay at home moms?  Because they can’t afford to is the truth, they’re working long house to pay bills they can’t afford to live in a house they’re never home in to have a life they haven’t got the energy for – how sad is that.  Everyone is so busy, it’s truly a sad state of affairs that the workers in this country are being worked and worked until they’re exhausted and don’t have time to enjoy their down time.   I know mom’s who’ve got two jobs just to cover the bills, it’s really tough out there these days isn’t it.  So if you’re not struggling be thankful.

I know as much as I love my job, some weeks I’m exhausted, I blame my age and my hormones but one of my lovely helpers pointed out last night, anyone even a young person would be shattered after a 50 hour working week, which is probably what I do most weeks if you were to count everything I do, the Facebook, the phone stuff, the paperwork and of course the best bit – the meetings.  It takes me a good day to get over it that’s for sure.

Having said that, I think this weekend is going to be housework weekend, a good clean through, finishing in the bathroom which ends with me having a lovely bath as my reward. 

Today though is a meeting with my manager this morning, followed by paperwork followed by an evening of food and giggles with my bestie – can’t wait for that last bit.  You’ve got to have something enjoyable to look forward to haven’t you.

So what have you got to look forward to this weekend, something nice I hope, I’m going to spend a big chunk of my weekend doing home stuff, cooking, cleaning, generally being a really bad domestic goddess but enjoying it anyway?  I might even try a new recipe; I haven’t done that for a while and I do feel like I’m in the mood for  a bit of creativity. 

Plenty of chilling is required too this weekend, I need to recharge this body and mind, it’s tired, this being organised in October is great but preparing veg for the slow cooker at 6.30am to leave the house at 7.30 for a working day after already working from 5am then going home on the night at 8pm is a damn long day and needs to be recovered from.  Can’t beat a bit of balance and that’s what’s on the agenda.

YAY it’s FRIDAY!  Have a fab one, be healthy and happy BeYOUtiful.




No comments: