Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 8 October 2014

Midweek already!



8th October 2014
You can learn great things from your mistakes if you aren’t busy denying them.


Well that night went fast, doesn’t seem 5 minutes since I went to bed staring at a glorious full moon and now I’m awake and the moons disappeared somewhere round the back of the house.  If Doctor Who’s to be believed it’s an egg not just a moon, but you’d have to watch it to know what I’m talking about there.

Had a lovely day yesterday, all my meetings were great, lots of weight loss, lots of nods in the meeting when we were discussing the game called weight loss, which isn’t really a game but sometimes feels like it.  I managed to fit in a walk with Alfie and he was in the mood to walk which is always a bonus, he took me down towards the canal and we were lucky enough to see a a couple of dragonflies and one landed, so beautiful and I managed to get a photo so I was really pleased – it’s the little things in life that make it wonderful.

Talking of wonderful, I ate some delicious food yesterday too, we had leftovers for lunch from that potato dish I’d cooked and served it with some shredded beef which I’d cooked in the slow cooker on Monday, it was very tasty.  I’d cooked it in the show cooker using the recipe on here http://wwbevsworld.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/food-glorious-food.html, however I didn’t use a big joint of beef like it suggested because there’s only two of us and have you seen the price of beef!  Well it was such a tiny piece of beef sitting in the slow cooker it seemed a waste to turn the electricity on, so in the other half I put a balti cook in the bag with mince in, and both cooked to perfection in 6 hours, the bag didn’t mind sitting in the liquid that was cooking the beef and I saved money cooking two meals at once, I also have dinner for today ready because of it.

For tea last night I had curried butternut squash soup which I also made Monday when I had my couple of hours pottering in the kitchen, that was tasty too served with low calorie brown bread.  I do love good food, the recipe is here if you have monthly pass

So thanks to my walk with the dog I managed to hit my 10,000 steps yesterday, I need to make an effort to get walking more again, my average daily steps over the last 7 days are 6,798 and I want to get that closer to 10,000, it looked better last week because it had my London day trip included and that made it a lot higher, so that’s my goal this week is to aim for a higher average over the 7 days. 

Busy day today, got to fit in hair cut in-between meetings as well as all my paperwork, aren’t I glad I made my dinner in advance on Monday, need to defrost some chicken, as I want the southern chicken bake in the bag tomorrow, that’s really easy to do in the oven and it’ll be tasty for dinner, just need to decide whether to have mash, chips or rice with it, saying that knowing me anything can happen in the next 24 hours and I couple completely change my mind about what I fancy, so instead of sitting here typing about food, I’m going to get the kettle on, have me a cuppa and get started on my paperwork.

Here’s to a great day I say, what do you think BeYOUtiful, poached eggs for breakfast this end with tomatoes and turkey rashers and bread, mmm. Enjoy your day, me obsessed with food – I won’t have it said!

No comments: