Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 26 October 2014

I've used my extra hour wisely!



26th October 2014
When you’re trying to motivate yourself, appreciate the fact that you’re even thinking about making a change, and as you move forward, allow yourself to be good enough.  Alice Domar

I didn’t get very far with the housework yesterday, managed one cupboard in the kitchen!  Then got distracted and ended up going for a bit of Christmas shopping believe it or not.  We had corned beef hash for lunch I used sweet potato as well as white potatoes and the result was delicious!  I also got myself some asparagus off the reduced counter so double bonus and fab meal.


So I’ve finally decided to get organised and plan my meals, keep putting it off and as my blog is the one guaranteed thing I do every day, I’m going to do it now as I write,

My breakfasts will be mostly eggs in some form or other, served with mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, crumpets or low calorie brown bread.  There may even be beans and bacon medallions or ham involved.

My main meals are going to be;

Sunday - Roast chicken dinner
Monday - Liver & Onions, mash, peas
Tuesday - Chicken & Bacon Casserole (recipe here http://wwbevsworld.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/yay-its-friday.html)
Wednesday - Beef stew, using the scouse recipe

Scouse
Serves 3, F&H or 11pp per serving

420g Lean Diced Casserole Beef (16pp)
600g of Potatoes, Diced (12pp)    
5 or 6 Carrots, Sliced
1 large Onion, Sliced 
6 Beef stock cubes (3pp)
2 tsp Olive Oil (3pp)

Spray Olive Oil in a large pan and heat.  Add the beef and cook on high to seal it.  Drain any fat and add the onion and cook for a couple of minutes.  Add the carrots and potatoes and add enough hot water to cover.  Add the oxo cubes and stir.  Bring to the boil and then simmer for about 3-4 hours until the liquid reduces and it goes really thick – you know when it’s ready as you can stand a spoon in it! Delicious the next day.

Thursday - Salmon, brown rice & vegetables
Friday – I’m out all day, lunch provided.  (Leave mom a sandwich)
Saturday – Egg, peas & chips (moms favourite!)

Evening meals, mmm depends on how hungry I am but, as there will be chicken left over from Sunday dinner, I’ll make Chicken egg fried rice (recipe http://www.happyowls.co.uk/365days/Day11.html) Sunday night.
Tuesday - ham and beetroot sandwich.
Wednesday – leftover chicken and bacon casserol
Thursday – leftover scouse
Friday - Spaghetti Carbonara (recipe http://www.happyowls.co.uk/365days/Day13.html)
Saturday – tbc….

As it’s foodie themed this morning, I just found this in my archives, doesn’t it sound delicious!

Really filling Brunch Burgers (total 49pp, serves 4 @ 12pp each)

3 x 250g medium baking potatoes (16pp)
3 shallots, finely chopped
1 Ieek, finely sliced 
2tbsp sunflower oil (6pp)
6 tomatoes, halved horizontally 
 grating of nutmeg
4 free-range eggs, fried, to serve (7pp)
1tbsp wholegrain mustard (1pp)
150g extra mature Cheddar, grated (17pp)
1 large onion, finely sliced
salad, to serve 

Pierce the potatoes and microwave for 15 mins, or until soft. Leave to cool, scoop out flesh into a bowl and mash.

Meanwhile, fry the Ieek and shallots in 1 tbsp of the oil until golden. Stir into the potato with nutmeg, mustard and 100g of Cheddar; season. Shape into 4 burgers, pressing a quarter of remaining cheese into the centre of each.

Fry the onion in remaining oil until browned. Grill the burgers and tomatoes, cut side up, on a medium heat on a baking tray, for 8-10 mins, turning burgers once.
Serve each burger with grilled tomatoes, onions,  a fried egg and some salad.

I’ll keep that in mind for the future, after all there is only so many meals I a week!  Here’s to sticking to the planner! A whole week of good healthy meals, sounds like a good idea to me.  And it didn’t take that long either.

Have a great day BeYOUtiful, make sure you turn those clocks back.



No comments: