Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 28 October 2014

Be your own kind of crazy BeYOUtiful.



28th October 2014
You have more to do than be weighed down by pretty or beautiful.  You are a fiery heart and a wicked brain.  Do not let your soul be defined by its shell.


Well yesterday was one of those funny days that have entered my life since I hit my 40’s, I woke up feeling ok, then over the space of hours I went from ‘everything’s wonderful’ to ‘I hate my house and want it to be a tidy show home’ to ‘why do I bother because that’s never gonna happen’ to ‘nope it won’t ever happen because that’s not who we are and that’s all good’.

Some people think middle age hormones are the devils work but I’m starting to appreciate them because they are making me realise I love my life once I’ve had my hormonal meltdown.

See the thing about housework is it’s neverending, not to mention a bit dull, who am I kidding, it’s a lot dull.  We’re a pair of untidy bitches who’s natural disposition will never be the tidy!  So I had a couple of hours in my office sorting out stuff I don’t need/want anymore, throwing out paperwork (after shredding of course – another dull pastime!) and cleaning it all out.  I won’t lie I loved walking into a nice clear desk this morning and I do wish it was automatic to me but unlike hormonal Bev yesterday I’m not going to sit and get myself worked up about something that I’ve lived without for the last 44 years.

The scales weren’t kind to me yesterday either, I could blame being middle-aged for this too, but that wouldn’t be because of my hormones it’d be because of my “oh who cares” attitude.   After my “I need to get a grip” conversation with myself, I moved on from that, afterall I couldn’t cope with both “Oh my god I’m fat and my house is a dump” meltdowns in one day, they’d have been carrying me off in a white van!

Instead I made banana bread!  Logical solution to a weight gain isn’t it – mmm, the hormones they are making me confused ;)  I only had one slice – honest.  We ate well yesterday, 2 crumpets for brekkie, leftover chicken on a sandwich for lunch and the spare chicken dinner from yesterday for tea.  I’m having a break from wine this week, the last thing you need when you’re a hormonal nightmare is to add wine to the situation – oo it’s Halloween too, that could be on scary costume, what you come as, a middle-aged intoxicated hormonal bitch, CAN YOU SEE IT!  Yeah there’s an easy option if you’re off partying this week ;)

Again with the whole cleaning thing, it was also lovely to get into a nice clean bet with fresh bedding, see I can see the appeal in the results, it’s just no fun doing it, but I guess everything we do isn’t supposed to be fun.  Music helps the situation I guess at least I got to since along at the same time. 

I had a visit from one of my lovely mates I haven’t seen in a good while too so that was a nice break to the day, it was lovely to catch up and see her.

I even caught up on my paperwork, wow I did have a very productive day in amongst the raging hormonal meltdown, it was only a 3 on the 10 scale, it didn’t last long so it was okay and I came out feeling much better, nothing a new pair of curtains and a couple of scatter cushions in the living can’t solve, they’ll take my mind off the clutter because I’ll just look at them ;) I bought what’s going to be our Christmas Tree on Sunday and that’s been put out already, I’m getting my money’s worth so last night instead of looking at the clutter I focused my attention on the pretty, 12 in high festive spice fragranced Christmas Tree, a metal thing full of pot pourri, and that made me smile.

Yep focus on the positives, ignore the negatives and find a way to be thankful for every day.  Honest it won’t keep you sane but it’s a much better kind of crazy to be!

Here’s to a BeYOUtiful day full of the crazy that is life, embrace it because it’s always better than the alternative. xx

No comments: