Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 23 August 2014

Wake up it's a BeYOUtiful morning!



23rd August 2014
I like things to happen.  And if they don’t happen, I like to make them happen. Winston Churchill


I do love a chilled out Friday and that’s exactly what I has yesterday, work stopped at 10am and the rest of the day was mine, had a massage and my toes painted, my massage ladies next client didn’t turn up so we had a cuppa and a nice natter for an hour, I love it when you do something unexpected and really enjoy it.  I then had a wander round Sainsbury’s, anyone who knows me knows that supermarket browsing is very therapeutic to me, I find it extremely relaxing.  Had a bath when I got home, that apparently isn’t a good idea after you’ve had your toes painted as some of the paint came off – oops, still learning the rules of being a lady!  Made a broccoli spaghetti thing for tea in a mushroom sauce which was a steak sauce but it worked great stirred through the spaghetti and it was only 5pp for the tub, I only used half of it.  Then for the rest of the day I chilled out with mom in front of the TV, ended with an early night about 9 and I’m now feeling good and recharged. 

Looking forward to today now too, got lunch with my besties to look forward to, I might do a bit of housework this morning, or I might plant the lavender I bought yesterday, not sure yet!

I started thinking about my meal list for next week yesterday and I suddenly realised there’s so many meals I have cooked in so long, can’t remember the last time we had spaghetti bolognaise or corned beef hash.  It’s getting cooler so curried parsnip soup is scrumptious, now the recipe below is quite high in ProPoints but I’m thinking with some tweaking I could come up with a F&H version, less oil, curry powder instead of paste, it might not need the cheese but if it does then they can come out of weekly ProPoints.

Spicy parsnip soup - total 34pp serves 4 (9pp each)

2tbsp olive oil (8pp)
2 onions, chopped
1kg parsnips, peeled & diced into 3cm cubes (19pp)
1tbsp curry paste (4pp)
1 ½ litres hot vegetable stock
100g low fat soft cheese (3pp)
freshly ground black pepper
chopped flat leaf parsley, to garnish.

Heat the oil in large saucepan, add the onions and cook for 1-2m until softened.  Add parsnips & cook, covered, over low heat for 5m with the lid on, to sweat the vegetables.

Stir in curry paste and cook for a minute and then add the hot stock.  Cover and simmer for 20-25m until parsnips are soft.

Add ¾ of the low fat soft cheese to the soup and blend until smooth.  Season to taste & serve with remaining soft cheese stirred into soup, garnish with fresh parsley.

This is another dish I haven’t had for so long and it’s delicious too;

Chicken Fricassee Serves 2, 9pp each
100g brown rice (10pp)
Low fat cooking spray
2 x 125g skinless boneless chicken breasts
300ml chicken stock (use 1½ chicken oxo cubes)
110g carrots, peeled and cut into thick chunks.
150g button mushrooms, sliced
1 garlic clove, crushed
75g low fat soft cheese

Bring a pan of water to the boil and cook the rice according to the packet instructions.  Drain well and leave to cool.  Meanwhile, lightly coat a deep, lidded, non-stick frying pan with low fat cooking spray and heat until hot.  Add the chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes until browned all over.  Add the stock and carrots.  Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes until tender.  Meanwhile, lightly coat another small non-stick frying pan with low fat cooking spray.  Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes until the juices have been released and evaporated.  Add the garlic and rice and cook for a further minute, until hot.  Divide between two plates.  Remove the chicken and carrots with a slotted spoon, reserving the stock.  Place the chicken and carrots on top of the rice.  Keep warm.  Return the pan with the stock to the hob.  Boil quickly for 1 minute.  Remove from the heat.  Stir in the soft cheese.  Pour the sauce over the chicken. 

http://www.happyowls.co.uk/recipes.html there’s so many tasty meals to choose from on my website, I really will start putting some thought and effort into my meals again! 

But first I need to clean the kitchen work surfaces off ;-) yes I think I’ll start in the kitchen today, then do my bedroom tomorrow, bless her mom keeps the house clean, I just need to sort our clutter away and do that ‘spring clean’ in Autumn thing.

Right I’m off, here’s to an awesome weekend BeYOUtiful. xx

No comments: