Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 30 August 2014

The mojo has officially returned!



30th August 2014
If happiness is a journey, then I hope you’re eligible for lots of frequent flyer points.  Karen Salmansohn

I was proper proud of myself yesterday, I went out by myself for some ‘me time’ and decided on Bridgemere Gardens and garden centre, planned F&H for the day so started with a good big breakfast. I had a lovely few hours walking round the gardens and the plants and loaded my car to come back leaving there about 2ish, it took me 3 hours to get home because of the traffic (it took me less than an hour to get there) and I didn’t pass anywhere that I could’ve stopped and had a decent meal, luckily I’d bought a bit of fruit and had eaten half dozen plums but the rest were out of reach in the back of the car!  Anyway the proud bit came when I arrived home, instead of stopping off for a takeaway, I chopped up potatoes for the Actifry and waited whilst my chips cooked and had egg, chips and beans for tea, which meant I could have some wine too.

I loved the garden centre, although it’s a dangerous place for me to be allowed on my own with a credit card, I really do need to remember my garden will only hold so many plants!  I’ve bought trillions of bulbs that now need planting ;-) that’ll keep me busy in September!

I’m finding the realisation of the “Excuse Eating” syndrome way more powerful than anything I’ve read or thought about before, for me it’s beating the idea of finding your motivation or acknowledging the emotional eating or anything else to be honest.  As soon as the “shall I……” thought comes into my head I’m immediately acknowledging that I’m playing the “excuse eating” card, justifying going off track and delaying the weight loss AGAIN and it’s stopping me from eating whatever it is I thought about.  Long may this continue!  

I believe for the first time in a long time that I can make it through the weekend focused and on track, I also feel like I have some energy for a change, normally by the weekend I’m shattered and just want to lounge around, yet yesterday and this morning I feel like doing something, is this a coincidence?  Or have I got more energy because I’ve been working realistic hours whereas the few months prior I’d been working silly hours?  I don’t know but I don’t care, I’m going to take advantage of this feeling.  It’s like I’ve said in my meetings and I do believe, we may never have our eating totally sussed but we can do what we can when we can and hopefully change our habits so they’re strong enough to stay in place even when we’re not in a great place.  I’m going to take advantage of this excess energy and I actually think I’m going to tidy up the house and have a good sort out, through stuff away.


How lovely is this, at her meeting on Thursday I took Sally’s photo with a poster saying how much she had lost and she posted this on Facebook yesterday, saying “Stuck this on my fridge from yesterday, got home from work to a little note from my hubby to be bless him he's a big softie lol xx”  They’re getting married in April and seeing that we can tell he’s a keeper for sure!

It also proof that we should join Weight Watchers for ourselves, not for the approval of others, if someone loves you they should love you for who you are because over the years our appearance changes doesn’t it.

Right I’m off to make a cuppa so I can get started on this house, I’m thinking start at the bottom and work up, don’t stop till I hit the last room, mmm I’m getting scared now!

Here’s to staying on track all weekend BeYOUtiful – we can do this….


No comments: