Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 9 July 2014

Simple Start is Simply Delicious!

9th July 2014
One positive thought in the morning can change your entire day….

Starting day 3 of Simple Start and feeling much better already, it’s amazing how good food affects how my body feels and also how my mind thinks.  Yesterday menu looked like this;
Egg & beans on toast
Salmon and vegetables with brown rice
Beef stew and 2 bread

Delicious, I still ‘wanted’ to eat after my tea so had another slice of bread with some ham on, which is still way better for me than a bag of crisps!  Today I need to use up the ham in the fridge and the eggs, sell by dates upon them, so I’m thinking an omelette either for breakfast or lunch, if I do it for lunch I can add lots of nice veggies too, ooo the chargrilled ones, yeah lunch it is.  I’ll us up some of my tin of beans for breakfast, only using a ¼ of a tin on my breakfast, it’s enough to keep me going I’ve realised, don’t get me wrong I could eat more but my body actually doesn’t need more – that’s the difference.


I need to nip to shop this morning though, grab a few things, potatoes because I want chips tomorrow and I also fancy making fish cakes, crumpets because on Simple Start I can, we need more bread and beans and maybe I’ll get some salad too.  I’ve still got one bowl of stew to enjoy for tea tonight.

Yep when I’m on the Filling & Healthy track I really enjoy my food, I actually think about what to eat rather than just eating, and I stop long enough to enjoy it.  I do love sitting up the table with mom at lunchtime and taking a bit of time out my day, it might not be very long but I’ve still stopped.

Ooo just found this recipe on my pc whilst looking for something else;

Keema Concoction serves 4 at 10pp each
2 sprays of ww oil spray (2pp)                               
350g pack of quorn mince (9pp)
1 bunch spring onion(s), chopped                       
250g chopped mushrooms
1 yellow pepper, chopped                                      
125 g cooked frozen peas (3pp)
3 cloves garlic                                                           
1 piece ginger, 2cm, fresh and grated
2 tbsp curry powder (2pp)                                       
1/2 tsp cinnamon                                                     
300ml vegetable stock using 1 oxo cube            
2 tbsp chutney, mango (4pp)
400g oven chips (19pp)
                                                                                      
Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying-pan and add the mince, add the garlic, ginger and onion and stir, then add mushrooms, and peas stirring well. Continue frying gently for approx 5 mins. Stir in the curry powder and cook for a further minute, then mix in the cinnamon.  Add the stock or water & chutney. Bring to the boil, then cover and simmer for 5- 10 minutes until cooked.   Serve with oven chips.
That could easily be made into a Filling & Healthy meal with a few tweaks, the chutney could come out of your weeklies, or maybe be left out and the chips could be made in Actifry or from scratch in oven with spray light after par boiling them.

 I need to stop looking for recipes and get on with my day, lots to do before my meeting this morning!  Here’s to a good one, let’s make it matter BeYOUtiful.

No comments: