Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 17 June 2014

When blogs just write themselves....



17th June 2014
Everything changed the day she figured out there was exactly enough time for the important things in her life.  Brian Andreas. 

Do you ever get up feeling overwhelmed by the week ahead, the week you know you have in front of you?  I could easily feel like that today, instead I’m thinking 168 hours in a week and what gets done gets done and what doesn’t well, it’ll wait.   It’ll have to!

As a friend posted on Facebook yesterday, “And if there's not enough time for the unimportant stuff..... Who cares? The world won't end”

Yesterday started rushed and busy, I had lots of things I wanted to get done and work that needed doing but then I realised it was Monday and Monday in my house is 'Momday' so I stopped, took stock and realised it would all just have to wait!  So instead I went to the garden centre because I wanted some flowers to brighten our garden up as mom spends a lot of time sitting out there, I bought her this little chap because I knew he would make her smile massively and he did;


Unfortunately the day took a little detour as I realised I’d lost my credit card, it turned out I’d left it in the machine at Boundary Mills, how relieved was I they’d kept it!  After collecting that it was back home to spend the day with my mom, and my bestie came to visit too.

What a lovely afternoon, we sat in the garden for an hour, then in the kitchen whilst I made lunch, Lynne and I put the world to rights, we’ve both been so busy lately we haven’t been meeting up every week, hopefully we’re getting back to being able to do that and Monday is perfect because we have both recovered from a hectic work week by then.

After Lynne had left I had an hour in the garden with mom, she sat and watched whilst I planted a few flowers and pruned a tree, and generally pottered.  The rest of the day was spent chilling with the most important lady in my life.  

Now I love my mom and there are 168 hours in a week, last week I worked a third of them, I probably slept a third of them and with the other third I tried to spend time with mom and do all the things that have to be done to keep a house running.  What I didn’t do until yesterday was get much time for me, I didn’t touch my college work, get to do any of my rocking chair project nor read any of my book because I wasn’t relaxed enough.  I often think I don’t really have a hobby but that’s not true, I have lots of things that I like to do and when I work such long hours, I find I’m too tired to do them, so I need to slow it down and get that balance, I can’t work those hours every week.  Now and again yes but not all the time, as lack of time starts to affect other areas of my life, my eating habits being one, after all there are only so many hours in a day and if I’ve spent an extra one or two working then I can’t be cooking and quickness takes over!  If I wasn’t prepared for that to happen I won’t have the food in the house to cope with that situation and I’ll end up having the wrong stuff.  

Yes I managed a long walk on the chase yesterday but it wasn’t very relaxing as I was actually working on my phone as I walked – that’s not good!  The idea is to STOP the mind and enjoy the scenery.  

This week’s been a reminder of a lot of things, prioritising being one, I can’t help everyone as much as I’d like to and I mustn’t feel guilty or incapable or whatever feeling comes out when I don’t.  I should just realise there are only 168 hours in a week and some of them need to be mine!

Have a great day BeYOUtiful, prioritise, remind yourself you’re just as important as everyone else on this planet. 
xx

No comments: