Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 5 June 2014

here, there and everywhere today.



5th June 2014
Stay positive.  The world isn’t gonna get better being negative about it.

Well as if Thursday ain’t busy enough, life thought it would throw a hospital appointment for mom in the middle of it – today’s going to be fun ;-) I am glad it’s here though, this has all been going on since the end of last year so maybe we’ll hear something today and mom can decide what next and only she can decide that.  Luckily I have the bestest bestie who’s going to come and help me out so that I can be in two places at once almost!

Speaking of food! Oh we weren’t, oh well why not, it is a fabulous subject, but we’ll start with me trying to log onto my credit card account online yesterday and because I don’t do it very often and I have the memory of a goldfish, it wouldn’t let me in, my security number was wrong and it locked me out, so I rang them to reset the account and he had to ask me more security questions, where did I live when I was ten (I just about remembered that one), what was my credit card limit (I didn’t know so I guessed, I think I may have got that one right!), the came the next one, “what’s your favourite food?”  Well I was stumped, “are you joking!  I eat for a living”, he informed me that I’d chosen the question, so guessing I said “chips”, NOPE, “eggs”, NOPE, “mushrooms” NOPE and now it’s locked you out of phone banking too unfortunately, he was a smashing chap and he sorted me out in the end but I just found it hilarious that I’d chose a question who’s answer would change possibly monthly, depending on my mood, and now I’ll never know what answer I chose when I set up my telephone banking ;-) I do know I’ll never use that question again.  It was a comical ten minutes but because I was nice and not raging about how difficult the system was, he was nice back and we had a pleasant exchange.  Mmm need a new password system for sure!

And more food, I had my stock delivery for the meetings yesterday and in it was Tandoori marinade, you just throw in 2 chicken breasts leave for an hour and then grill or barbeque, well I wanted to try it but I hadn’t got any chicken so I used a bit of salmon, ooo nice, I would definitely recommend it!

I baked yesterday morning too, so that was my good deed as my helpers all got to enjoy a rock cake with their coffee, I’ve got to say my rock cakes are delicious;

Rock Cakes makes 13 at 4pp each or made with butter 5pp each

225g/8oz self-raising flour (19pp)                              
 75g/2½oz caster sugar (8pp)
1 tsp baking powder                                                       
125g/4½oz low fat spread (14pp) or butter (27pp)
150g/5½oz sultanas (12pp)                                          
1 free-range egg (2pp)
1 tbsp skimmed milk                                                       
2 tsp vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4 and line a baking tray with baking parchment.  Mix the flour, sugar and baking powder in a bowl and rub in the low fat spread until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs, then mix in the dried fruit.

In a clean bowl, beat the egg and milk together with the vanilla extract. 

Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients and stir with a spoon until the mixture just comes together as a thick, lumpy dough. Add a teaspoon more milk if you really need it to make the mixture stick together.

Place golfball-sized spoons of the mixture onto the prepared baking tray. Leave space between them as they will flatten and spread out to double their size during baking.

Bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden-brown. Remove from the oven, allow to cool for a couple of minutes, and then turn them out onto a wire rack to cool.

Sometimes it’s worth the extra ProPoint because made with butter they are delicious!
Right I better get a wriggle on, things to do, places to be and all that.  It actually looks like it might not rain today, that’ll be the first dry Thursday in a while – bonus!

Have a great one BeYOUtiful.

No comments: