Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 12 June 2014

An alternative way to save ProPoints!

12th June 2014
Balance is not something you find, it’s something you create!  Jana Kingsford



The universe was taking care of me but also having a wicked sense of humour yesterday, my lovely helper Julie had made my favourite Manchester Tart for the meeting, she’d sent me a lovely photo to show me how fabulous it looked, I’d even not planned tea so I could eat cake instead, and bless her as she went to proudly show me the tart at the meeting she dropped it!   You have to laugh or you’d cry, all her hard work and her hand lost ‘balance’ (see how important balance and focus is!) at least it meant I slept last night.  All the sweet stuff I’ve been sampling this week has caused me a sugar high I think and meant I haven’t been able to drop off to sleep!

Despite that little accident we still had another great fundraising day, lots of goodies made on the morning by Susan from the chocolate recipe cards and Julie had made plenty for the evening including Cake Pops, I’ve got my Weight Watcher cake pop kit, I might need to have a play with it.  We have now raised £152 and we still have today to raise even more – fabulous.
 
So I managed to bake yesterday and I would definitely recommended Nigellas chocolate banana muffins, I love making muffins because they are SO EASY to knock up, 10 minutes they’re in the oven and 15 minutes later you have muffins, perfect for a treat weekend breakfast or why not get the kids to make them, I used my hands to mush the banana as mine weren’t very ripe, the kids would find that great fun! 

Chocolate banana muffins

The recipe says makes 12 (6pp each) I made 13 and brought it down to 5pp each.
In Nigella’s words;

“most muffins are at their best pretty well straight out of the oven, the bananas in the mixture make sure these beauties keep their moist, eat-me texture long after those less favoured have staled and lost their allure.”

3 very ripe or overripe bananas
125 ml vegetable oil
2 large eggs
100 grams soft light brown sugar
225 grams plain flour
3 tablespoons best-quality cocoa powder (sifted)
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda

1.    Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas mark 6 and line a 12-bun muffin tin with papers. Don’t worry about getting special papers: regular muffin cases will do the job.
2.    Mash the bananas by hand or with a freestanding mixer. Still beating and mashing, add the oil followed by the eggs and sugar.
3.    Mix the flour, cocoa powder and bicarb together and add this mixture, beating gently, to the banana mixture, then spoon it into the prepared papers.
4.    Bake in the preheated oven for 15–20 minutes, by which time the muffins should be dark, rounded and peeking proudly out of their cases. Allow to cool slightly in their tin before removing to a wire rack.

These on her web page looks good too http://www.nigella.com/recipes/view/banana-and-butterscotch-muffins-84, or rhubarb muffins http://www.nigella.com/recipes/view/rhubarb-muffins-4752  I love the idea of fruit in the cake as it’s adding some goodness at the same time.


Right I’m off to get ready to do it all again, I think this week has proven you can have your cake and eat it as long as it’s tracked and ProPointed, dropping cake on the floor isn’t the only way to ensure you stay on track!

Have a BeYOUtiful day, it’ looks like it’s going to be a sunshiny one.

No comments: