Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 1 May 2014

When was the last time you tried something for the first time?



1st May 2014
A cup of coffee with a friend is happiness tasted and time well spent! And you don’t NEED cake ;-)

Finally got my mojo back in the kitchen yesterday, it’s been a while I have to admit.  I nipped to Asda on morning to get me some veggies, that makes a huge difference when deciding to cook, having some ingredients to do it with!  I’m not big on lots of fancy ingredients, I want quick and easy as I’m busy in the week.  I found a bag on Bulgur Wheat in the cupboard which I’d bought back in January when Simple Start was launched, it’s on the list so I thought I’ll try that, don’t know what to do with it but hey, let’s go!  I never did of course, January was busy and I never got round to it until yesterday and oh my word I can’t believe what I’ve been missing out on, I’ve been trying to get wholewheat couscous all this time and bulgur wheat is just as good.  Waitrose have the couscous by the way, or they will when they restock, I bought the shelf on Monday, I’d spent the morning decoupaging (sticking bits of paper on furniture) a rocking chair using Winnie the Pooh book photos before I went shopping.  I wondered why the assistant in the shop kept looking at me, then eventually she pointed at my bum and said, “you’ve got something stuck on you!”  I pulled off what was a piece of the paper from the book, looked at her and said “Oh it’s Winnie the Pooh!” well her face was a picture as you can imagine!

Anyway I’m deviating, back to the kitchen and the bulgur wheat – go get yourself a bag, really easy to cook, cheap meal and Filling and Healthy.  I added a chicken Bovril cube to some boiling water put some bulgur wheat in a jug, covered it in the water and left for half hour, it’s that easy.  This was the meal I made;


And this is how I made it;

Stuffed peppers with breaded cheesy mushrooms.
 
Bulgur Wheat (60g uncooked dried mixture is 5pp)
Chicken stock cube
Veggies of choice, diced.
3 mushrooms per person 
10g cheese of choice per mushroom (1pp per 10g)
1 Egg (did 6 mushrooms) (2pp)
2 slice Homemade breadcrumbs using low calorie brown bread (made 6 mushrooms) (3pp)

Add a chicken stock cube (i used bovril) to boiling water and cover bulgur wheat, leave for half hour. Probably do this at the beginning, although I warmed it through in microwave.

Remove stalks from mushrooms and dice small like this;

Put 1pp of cheese in each mushroom, I used St Agur blue cheese (10g = 1pp) and that's a cheese triangle split between the other two (was experimenting).
Beat an egg in one dish and put homemade F&H breadcrumbs in another and cover the mushrooms in egg, then in breadcrumbs. Also cut lid of pepper to roast. Spray everything with WW oil spray and put in oven for about half hour, I used gas mark 6.
Use whatever veg you fancy, dice and stir fry with a bit of WW spray oil.

Mix vegetables into bulgur wheat.

Remove from oven, stuff pepper with bulgur wheat mixture, serve and enjoy. 

Absolutely delicious! If you were to add garlic to the mushrooms they’d be like the garlic 
mushrooms you get as a starter in a restaurant only not deep fat fried!

On Filling & Healthy the only thing to ProPoint is the cheese, the oil spray can come out of your daily oil allowance, if you’re ProPointing to work out how much bulgur wheat you use, I made too much had the rest for tea so I’m guessing 60g per person is plenty which would make the dish 10pp thereabouts, well worth it.

Right 1st of May and a busy day ahead, five months into the year already, that’s scary how quick life is moving by, good job I’m enjoying it! 

Have a great day BeYOUtiful, Eat Gorgeous and take care of you because you’re important too. xx



No comments: