Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 18 May 2014

Truly BeYOUtiful women!

18th May 2014
But I believe good things happen every day.  I believe good things happen even when bad things happen.  And I believe on a happy day like today, we can still feel a little sad & that’s life, isn’t it?
Today’s started emotional, I think that may be the theme for the rest of it as it’s race for life today, I’ve just sat doing my “I race for life for” sign for my tshirt and relief for Natalie swept over me, concern for the lovely Margaret and memories of Kim (she hugged me when I crossed the finish line in 2012, how I wish she was there today to do the same xx), so many people’s lives are affected by cancer but enough of the tears, let’s turning today into a positive and think happier thoughts, we’re gonna kick Cancers butt and raise some cash whilst spending the day embracing the power of what a group of BeYOUtiful women can do when they decide to get together and make a difference!  I can’t wait to spend the day with my members without it being work ;)  I really need to think about getting dressed and ready and finding my trainers though, I have no idea where anything is – unprepared is an understatement!

Yesterday was a good day, worked all morning but it didn’t feel like work because I enjoy it so I have to be careful not to get carried away and carry on working all the time.  I didn’t though, I went and a wonderful massage, then nipped to the shop for a salad for tea and then went home and spent the rest of the day doing a bit of gardening and chilling – perfect day it was. 

My salad was delicious, it was probably the first one I’ve made this year but most certainly won’t be the last, will start making up a tub so I can just get a bowl full as a when (my bestie got me onto that!) it doesn’t go off it it’s in a airtight tub in the fridge (honest). 

It was also great to see so many of my members on facebook enjoying a bbq and making it Weight Watcher proof and mostly Filling & Healthy – very impressive to see!
Back in a minute…
-----
Back, just had to make moms breakfast and sort her drugs, breakfast in bed everyday – that’s the life isn’t it, you know what she’s earned it, one husband and 7 kids later, the lady deserves to lie in bed in a morning!  And because she has a Weight Watcher leader for a daughter, that breakfast is both filling and healthy so I don’t have to worry about her being hungry today – goal for ten years in December she has, not bad for a lady who once weighed 18 stone is it!
Anyway, I’m going to get off because my brains elsewhere, can I just ask that today you really, truly appreciate your loved ones, more than usual – take a look at them and realise how precious to you they really are. Xx

Have a Sunny healthy & happy BeYOUtiful. 

 Our fundraising page is https://www.justgiving.com/natalies-fight-club
To make a donation, please text NJMS48 £1 to 70070 and donate to our race for life team.


2 comments:

amanda said...

Good luck today, you will all do good as you are all amazing ladies. I am at the same one with my sister as we have lost alot of family to cancer.

amanda said...

Good luck today, you will all do good as you are all amazing ladies. I am at the same one with my sister as we have lost alot of family to cancer.