Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 8 May 2014

Super SLOW Cooker!



8th May 2014
If you can’t see anything BeYOUtiful about yourself, get a better mirror & look a little closer!


Right I’m sorry I know it’s early but I expect a round of applause for staying on track yesterday, after writing my blog on the morning I went and chopped vegetables and skinned a whole chicken to get my dinner going in the slow cooker because I knew I had a lunchtime meeting with my manager, I was rather pleased with how efficient and organised I was being.  When I walked in at almost 2pm, my lovely mother had turned it off at the plug not realising!  Autopilot was to blame, she’s on a mission to save the world and make sure the house doesn’t burn down.  Instead of using it as an excuse to go off track, I laughed, switched it back on thinking I’ll have it for tea, and threw some potatoes in the Actifry and opened a tin of baked beans and we had egg, chips and beans – sorted!  I can announce that I am finally ‘in the zone’ yes I’m on it like a car bonnet and I feel good!

Can I ask that you all like our new area page https://www.facebook.com/WWarea41 on facebook, this will be my responsibility so I’d appreciate your support, I’ll be posting lots of success stories, tips, idea and all the latest offers that Weight Watchers has to offer on here, and of course follow us on Twitter @WWArea41  https://twitter.com/WWArea41


Back to the chicken, I had printed off 3 different recipes but when I got to the kitchen I didn’t have all the ingredients for any of them, so I improvised and used a bit of the herbs that I had, I also added just a splash of water as I’d removed the skin from the chicken to make most of it F&H safe.  I have to say, when I finally sat down to eat it, oh my, it fell of the bone and was absolutely delicious, that is most definitely going to be a future way of cooking chicken as I can leave it whilst I’m at work all morning and it’ll be ready when I get home – sorted on a busy day.

So what shall I eat today, I’ve got leftover chicken for lunch so that’s sorted but Thursday nights are dangerous, last Weight Watcher meeting of the week is done, I’m shattered after doing 12 meetings and 40 hours and I want something “NICE”, so I need to decide before I go to work what to have.  There’s gammon in the fridge – maybe, I’ve just run down and looked I have smoked haddock or beef mince in freezer, mmm not sure.  I actually fancy salmon again, so I may need to nip to the supermarket, yeah salmon and bulgur wheat sound like a quick plan with some veggies and sald, mmm food is good isn’t it ;).  See how easy this planning is, now I have something to look forward to all day!  Oh hold on, spaghetti, I really enjoyed that wholemeal spaghetti I had the other day, so that’s a second option if I don’t make the supermarket for fish!   I have options – I love this being on track malarkey, I’m not thinking about food all the time right now, when I sit down at night to chill and watch a bit of television, I’m not obsessing over ‘what can I eat now’ or ‘I want a glass of wine’ I’m just not fussed!  If only I could bottle that – dream on ay!

Just found this recipe I may try, I’ll use whatever oil I have in the cupboard;

Salmon with sticky chilli sauce recipe

(Filling & Healthy or 7pp each)

Serves 4

Ingredients

  • 1 tbsp fish sauce
  • 4 tbsp chilli dipping sauce (1pp)
  • 2 tsp kaffir lime leaves
  • 3 tbsp soy sauce (1pp)
  • 1 tsp rice bran oil (1pp)
  • 4 salmon fillets (1 x 130g = 6pp) (24pp)
To serve
  • 4 tbsp freshly chopped coriander
  • Shredded spring onions

 Method

1.    In a small bowl, mix together the fish sauce, chilli dipping sauce, kaffir lime leaves and soy sauce.
2.    Heat the oil in large frying pan until hot, add the salmon and cook skin side down for 4-5 minutes until the skin is crispy and the bottom of the fish turns opaque, turn over and cook for a further 3-4 minutes. Wipe out the pan to remove excess oil, return the fish to the pan, skin side up then pour over the sauce ingredients. Cook over a low-medium heat, spooning the sauce over the fish for a further 1- 2 minutes, until the sauce is sticky and the fish cooked through.
3.    Serve the fish with Thai sticky rice, garnished with freshly chopped coriander and spring onions.
 
Right I’m off, lots to do before leaving the house, although cooking isn’t one of them because my chickens already cooked ;)

Don’t forget go like our page and follow us on twitter;

www.twitter.com/WWArea41 @WWArea41

Have a tremendous Thursday BeYOUtiful. xx

No comments: