Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 17 May 2014

So much to do but at least it's all good...



17th May 2014
Mistakes are proof that you’re trying!


Not my normal Saturday this week, I shall be working most of the morning catching up with all the paperwork I didn’t do yesterday because I was at a training day, hopefully I’ll get out in this sunshine at some point.  We’ve got Race for Life tomorrow, that’ll be fun and hopefully the weather will be wonderful and we’ll have a lovely day and raise lots of money ;) we’re hoping to get a mention in today’s Express & Star as we’re walking as a team, not sure if it’s too late to join us but you could try, here’s our team registration link  https://raceforlife.cancerresearchuk.org/rfl/forms/race/enter.jsf?groupNumber=SO3650
 
To make a donation, please text NJMS48 £1 to 70070 and donate to our race for life team.

Yesterday was a test of strength eating wise, I wanted to stick to F&H if it was possible because I want to save my weeklies for the weekend, so we were able to order lunch from the hotel menu, it was your typical fish and chips, steak and chips, burgers or baguette menu – mmm not much use,  I ordered steak and asked if we could have a jacket instead of the chips, they said no so I survived with steak and salad – the smallest salad in the world and the typical cucumber / lettuce / tomato salad which is the world’s most boring, I survived though, ate a banana and two satsumas on the drive home.  I don’t think I’ve ever been so glad to see leftovers in the fridge, I had beef casserole for tea, not what I’d have chosen but there was no way I was preparing anything, I was shattered.  Today I fancy a big chicken salad with lots of nice salad to make it look delicious and hopefully being on track will give me more than 1/2lb loss this week, I’m still happy with the fact I haven’t gained at all the last 5 weigh-ins and I feel so much better than I have in a long time.  For a Friday I had more energy than usual and I really enjoyed my training day.  

Still no alcohol either, 8 weeks tomorrow since the last drop touched my lips, I’m actually unsure I want to drink now because I can visualise the hangover ;) good job I like water, I’ve also taken a liking to the odd cup of coffee and occasional diet coke – I have to have some kind of vice!
I’m feeling good and you can’t ask for much more than that can you, I’m getting more done because I have more energy which means more enthusiasm.  Don’t get me wrong I’m still relaxing and I’m not finding it difficult to wind down without a drink at all like I’d convinced myself I would.

I think it’s made me realise we should question our beliefs about ourselves rather than assuming!

On that note, I’m off – so much to do today and I can’t wait to get started.

Have a fabulous day BeYOUtiful.


No comments: