Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 3 May 2014

randomness from my brain this morning!



3rd May 2014 

When you’re busy creating your own fulfillment, you won’t feel the need to seek it from others.
 



Picture the scene, you sleep in, then realise its Saturday so although you have stuff to do, there isn’t a great rush, so you read for an hour in bed.  Next you decide to get the “work stuff” out of the way, then do the few errands then you can do the good stuff you have planned.  You switch on your computer whilst you go and make a cuppa and when you come back all you can see on your pc is a “welcome” screen, ten minutes later, it’s still saying welcome – how do you react?

More to the point, can you decide how you react or is it automatic and instinctive?

Do you yell and scream and get all worked up and panicky because your pc is broken.

Do you stay calm and think oh dear, there appears to be a problem, let’s find a solution.

Or are you somewhere in-between, does who we are decide how we react?  Or does the mood we’re in that day decide how we react?   

Personally I know for me it depends a great deal on my mood on that day, some experts say we can control our reactions with mindfulness, or using cognitive behavioural therapy or NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming )skills and I’m guessing there’s other things too.   I find it all fascinating the mind, how it works, what makes us tick all that stuff, I’m not expert on any of it, but I do like to read stuff, at the moment I’m reading Ruby Wax, Sane New Work, I’m about a third of the way through it and I’m enjoying it, she’s not just witty but clever!

I’m rambling this morning by the way because I don’t really have anything specific to say today and this stuffs what’s going round in my head because I’ve just read a chapter from her book and I’m sure the fact I’m ‘aware’ of this subject today helped how I reacted to the pc ‘welcome’ screen this morning, I didn’t shout or rant, I just smiled and thought to myself, “mmm how do I fix this”.  

I also think I behaved that way because of the fact I have been focusing on the healthy and happy particularly well for the last month, no booze, plenty of sleep, balance between work and life, lots of fresh fruit and veg, filling and healthy foods, just the right amount of treats for me and this all helps to give me a healthy and happy body and mind that can cope with the craziness that is day to day life.

Of course I can only ever talk from my own personal experience as Ruby Wax is doing, I can obviously share things I’ve read and learnt from books but I can only ever be 100% about me, I can only have opinions and beliefs about everything else, actually I can only have opinions and beliefs about myself too can’t I because let’s be honest do any of us really know who we are (deep ay) I change a lot, my moods change regularly but overall I have a pattern and I’m happy with it and happy with my lot.

We’ve talked about setting an 8 week challenge for ourselves this week in my meetings and the one thing I’ve emphasised as most important when deciding what our personal challenge will be is to know where you are as a person right now because we’re all in different places.  Some members are absolutely on it like a car bonnet, they are on track 99.9% of the time and they will I don’t doubt for a minute get a weight loss every week because weight loss is 100% important and top priority for them right now.  I also have members who are doing the best they can at this time because there is so much going on in their lives that putting 100% into anything is terrifying when they have so little time to get it all done. 

I guess what I’m trying to get across in this morning’s waffling is that the more you understand yourself, who you are, where you are and why you do the things you do and behave the way you behave, the more likely you are to cope with life and make changes where and if needed!

There’s no point in trying to change yourself if you don’t really know what you want to change or why?
I’m going to shut up now because I’m boring myself ;) I’ll go back to my book I think, but not until I’ve done some of my rocking chair, I want to get it fixed so I can sit in it to read, it’s going to be my reading/resting chair when it’s finished, I shall chill in my room sitting in it.

Have a great day BeYOUtiful. xx


No comments: