Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 4 April 2014

Scrumptious nutritious food - you can't beat it.



4th April 2014
Accept what you can’t change – change what you can’t accept.

I need to get some enthusiasm for paperwork this morning, I spent yesterday afternoon putting it off and now I have 2 days worth to get done!  Hey ho, here’s to a day in my office…

Despite Mothers Day last weekend my members still managed to lose 426lb and another 3 hit their goals - not bad at all!  Just shows if you want something bad enough, you’ll find a way.

So yesterday I had two defrosted chicken breasts and a butternut squash I wanted to use up, so this is what I made all completely F&H using daily oil allowance, it would’ve been equally delicious without the chicken as a vegetarian meal.

Scrumptious pot! Total = 40pp
1 tbsp olive oil (4pp)
2 chicken breasts (8pp)
2 onions, chopped
3 crushed cloves garlic
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp curry powder
½ tsp cinnamon
1 butternut squash diced
100g dried lentils (8pp) I used puy lentils because that was all I had.
200g  brown rice (20pp)
750ml  stock

In a saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat; cook onions, garlic, cumin, curry powder and cinnamon, stirring often, for about 5 minutes or until softened. Stir in squash, chicken, lentils and rice, pour in stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for however long it takes for the rice and lentils to be tender and most of the liquid is absorbed.  

It was very filling and extremely tasty and didn’t take long to get on the hob, and then I just walked away and left it on really low for ages.  It may not look pretty in the bowl but trust me it tastes great.

Filling and Healthy is most definitely helping with my appetite, I ate three meals yesterday and I won’t like I also snacked inbetween on crumpets (haven’t done that before) but I still know those crumpets would have worked out at a lot less ProPoints than the chocolate bars I might have had instead and the bars wouldn’t have satisfied me!

I need to get my cooking head back on though and get creative with the F&H list, I don’t want to live on crumpets, brown thins and eggs for the rest of my life, so more cooking will be required I thinks.  I really loved some of the recipes in that F&H cookbook, there’s a couple of things in the new magazine I may try and I think a cookbook session might be in order where I sit and trawl through them for ideas, that might be this evenings pastime because once my paperworks done and I’ve had my massage later, I can’t see me doing much else today.

Short and sweet this morning, my brains not working well and it needs caffeine to get it ready for all my paperwork.

Have a great day, remember you’re amazing BeYOUtiful so Eat Gorgeous and be Healthy & Happy. xx

No comments: