Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 15 April 2014

Long term success - it's a marathon not a sprint!



15th April 2014
You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequence of your choice.

I had a busy day yesterday, housework (yeah windows and everything!) then more than one trip to IKEA, second time with my mom, so I was rather chuffed with my 10 miles clocked up on my pedometer and my 9 activity ProPoints earned.  Then I got home to an inbox message from a gold member and suddenly my ten miles didn’t seem quite as impressive as she’d just completed her very first marathon!  WOW…

Now to say the message made my day would be an understatement, I just love to see people change their lives and get happy and healthy forever and Becky is a great example.  Her message read;

Hey Bev thanks for your well wishes! I partly dedicate my medal to you. I walked through your doors almost 3 years to the day, if you hadn't have been the leader you are who knows if I would have been able to complete my dream! It's been hard work but Jesus it's worth it. I've now completed 1 x 5k, 1 x  10k, 7 x half marathons across England and now my first marathon in the best city in the world! A fantastic experience and I just wanted to thank you. I know I don't come to the meetings any more but you’re still a force in my life. Bev + running = changed my life forever x x much love to ya Hun x x x

How lovely is that message, I think we’re all quick to complain in life but rarely do people stop and give thanks however small.

Becky lost 45lb to get to her goal, it took her roughly 18 months, she wasn’t in a race with anyone to get the weight off because she realised it was for life.  In her message yesterday when I asked how she’d got on with the run, she went on to tell me;

a true battle of the mind and body… You can defo pass this on to your newbies what changed my life was finally realising that it's a marathon and not a sprint it's a lifestyle change and you've gotta be in it for the long haul, no quick bloody fixes unfortunately I still get it wrong but I quickly put it right x x x x”
Becky’s maintained her weight loss and is the fittest she’s ever been, having lost 9 ½" from waist, 5" from hips, 3" from thighs and dropped from a 16/18 dress to a 10/12 dress – I’d say Weight Watchers and moving more works wouldn’t you!

What a transformation;


I have no intention of running a marathon, I think I’ll leave them to the crazy running folk, I do however realise that it’s important to be active in some way, which is why I wear my pedometer to keep an eye of how many steps I’m doing and yesterday I clocked up 24,000 by the end of the day, amazing what a dog walk, housework and a bit of shopping can do.  It doesn’t matter what you choose to do as long as you don’t sit still all the time.

I even forgot to eat yesterday, I was that engrossed in my day, it was about 3pm by the time I got my second meal, and then by the time we got back from Ikea for the second time it was gone seven and I wasn’t really hungry but I did fancy the rock cakes I’d made the day before.  I switched to a ProPoint day and made two of them my tea, and I still ended on track.  Great this Weight Watchers lark is isn’t it!

Have a great day BeYOUtiful, remember Eat Gorgeous, focus on the Filling & Healthy then you’re likely to be Healthy & Happy too.



No comments: