Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 24 April 2014

Busy day KFC - lame excuse!



24th April 2014


Being yourself is the new black!
 



Yesterday was a ridiculously busy day, in addition to my own morning and night meetings, I covered a lunchtime meeting for a leader who was poorly, which meant I never stopped all day really until I got home at gone 8pm.

I’d planned on cooking a chicken curry, I just didn’t get round to it, I did manage to get a chicken casserole in the oven in 8 minutes though, mom chopped the onions so it’d been ten I guess has I done it all myself, that should satisfy me at lunch today.

Knowing I wasn’t going to have time I used it as an excuse to have a KFC on my way back from the 2nd meeting of the day, I was good though I only had 2 pieces, it’s more expensive to buy a one person meal which is why so many buy huge bargain buckets!

Large fries 13pp
Corn cobette 4pp
2 portions chicken 13pp
Sauce 2pp

OUCH, 31pp for one meal, that wasn’t as delicious as I’d hoped!  The reason I ended up in that KFC was it was the one we’d gone to after our sponsored walk last September and I said it was the best I’d ever had, turns out that was a one off, probably because we were so ravenous after a 15 mile walk.  Hey ho, it’s out of my system; at least I waited 7 months before having it and I’ve realised it wasn’t worth 31pp!

I’ve mentioned we’re talking routines this week, I’m sat here sipping my pint of water, I had the corn with my KFC to count as my portion of veg with my meal - ridiculous I know when I’d just consumed 31pp but at least I tried!  The other routine I’m going to do this week is to ask myself if what I’m about to eat is worth the ProPoints values – I can think of at least 2 occasions this week where the answer would most definitely have been no, the cake at the café on Saturday – not only wasn’t that work the ProPoints, it wasn’t worth the price, I’m still smarting at spending £9.80 on 2 slices of cake and 2 lattes in a garden centre café!    

Why is this a good question to ask yourself?  Because it makes you more mindful of the choices you make.  When you’re face with tempting food that’s high in ProPoints, not only do we choose to ‘forget’ to track them but we don’t even enjoy them to much if we’re honest. 
Asking this question isn’t just a good thing to do before you eat, it’s a good question to ask whilst eating and after you’ve eaten.  Because the cake Saturday for example LOOKED like it was going to be worth every ProPoint, when I started eating it, once I stopped long enough to actually taste it, once I got passed the bit where my brain was still just focusing on how ‘nice’ it looked and when I stopped chatting to my bestie long enough to actually acknowledge let the taste of the cake, I realised if it wasn’t for the cream on it, the cake was pretty much boring as! Then after when I felt sick, despite having left some, I most certainly realised it wasn’t worth the ProPoints and I wouldn’t be making that choice again in the future.

It may be that it is worth the ProPoints in which case maybe have a smaller slice or share with a friend, even my bestie left some and she’s a real cake head.

So they are my three routines for the week, drink more water / fruit & veg with every meal / ask myself if what I’m eating is worth the ProPoints.  

It’s also good to work out the ProPoints before eating it to ask yourself ‘is it worth that much?” Before you start eating, put a number on it, or if you can’t find it have a good guess, don’t make up a silly low number to justify eating it!

If you have a Monthly Pass and have access to the online esource you can read more about routines at http://www.weightwatchers.co.uk/Plan/ResourceCenter/Routines/index.aspx
Enjoy your day and think about what you’re eating before you eat it!
Eat Gorgeous BeYOUtiful.

No comments: