Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 2 April 2014

Are you worth it?

2nd April 2014
The only time you should ever look back is to see how far you’ve come!

I’ve already decided today will be a filling and healthy day because my appetite is fierce this week and I need to eat!  I will lost weight again next week, I have a target to hit, it’s too easy to change my mind and say it doesn’t matter – IT DOES!  If it didn’t matter I wouldn’t have had the thought in the first place, I wouldn’t have decided I wanted to lose weight and get back to my goal.

So this morning I shall be starting my day with eggs and crumpets, lunch I’m thinking salmon and boiled potatoes with veggies, then I’ll think about tea.  Need to get back to planning my meals, I made a shopping list and stuck to it but have no meals planned!  I’ll get my filling & healthy cook book out later and also have a look through the last few Weight Watcher magazines, find some ideas.  I enjoy new tastes and flavours so need to make the effort to cook things, not everything has to take hours to cook.

I bought some ribs when I went shopping last week, and I opened the box of one yesterday, I hadn’t realised it was one big beef rib when I bought it and once I opened the box and saw this;
I changed my mind about wanting to eat it!  As you can imagine Alfie was thrilled by this prospect, So I cooked it for him.  Now I removed the fat before cooking and weighed that as ‘lard’,



16pp of fat I removed!  Scary!

Then I removed the meat from the bone when it was cooked and that was 228g of beef, so using the nutritional information per 100g (as consumed) (excluding bone) it was 15pp.  Working it out using the ‘per pack’ cooked info it works out at 20pp, they assuming you’re not going to eat the fat that ends up in the roasting tray with the juices and sweet sauce mixed it!  That’s not a good assumption to make because I know a good many people who would grab a slice of bread to mop that up and using my maths that would then make the beef, fat and juices nearer to 35pp than 20pp!

I’ll stick to cooking from scratch I think and I’ll steer clear of things like this this!  The photo on the box looked so delicious, the reality on the roasting tray didn’t!  I did have a taste – it wasn’t all that!

Now I do fancy the roasted salmon recipes in the filling and healthy cook book, which looks much more appetising and delicious than what I gave to my dog last night.

It really is easy to over eat, just looking at that rib, if I’d cooked it in its fat, it would’ve probably contained my entire daily allowance of ProPoints and there was only 228g in weight of food!  That’s a scary concept, it wouldn’t have filled me up for long and it’s only one meal in a day.
Yes sticking to 26pp and being satisfied physically may take some thought and planning but it can be done.  Without thought and in a rush or just can’t be bothered - you could easily spend over 100pp, don’t believe me, let’s have a look at an example;

Breakfast - 50g crunchy nut cornflakes, full fat milk 7pp
Lunch – Tesco deep fill BLT Sandwich 14pp, bag of cheese & onion crisps 4pp, full sugar coke 4pp
Afternoon snack – mars bar 7pp
Tea – big mac & large fries, large milkshake 39pp
In the evening Couple of glasses of wine – 12pp & a pouch bag of Maltesers in front of tv – 17pp
Total 104pp

Easy peasy ain’t it!

Yeah let’s put some thought into ourselves shall we, let’s make a little time for ourselves as we so selflessly do for everyone else.  Let’s occasionally put ourselves and our own wellbeing first.  Let’s remember WHY we want to do this.  Let’s feed ourselves good healthy food not piles of convenience junk. 

Have a great day BeYOUtiful, remember to Eat Gorgeous because you’re worth it. xx

No comments: