Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 11 March 2014

Yesterday was a good day...



Tuesday 11th March 2014
When you focus on problems – you’ll have more problems!  When you focus on possibilities - you’ll have more opportunities.   

Yesterday was a good day, a very full day but also a fulfilling day!  Bless my mom she slept till almost half ten, so I used those few hours to get a bit of paperwork done and then I cooked a shepherds’ pie ready for lunch, it wasn’t till lunch arrived that I realised I hadn’t had any breakfast, won’t have done me any harm skipping a meal with the volume of food I’ve eaten since this time last week!  

I then walked the dog for the first of two walks he got yesterday and after that spent most of the day in the garden, with a trip to the garden centre for soil thrown in.  We’ve now got trellis up the back of the garden which has got evergreen climbing Jasmine up it, that will hopefully cover the three panels eventually and it will smell beautifully.   I’ve got a few more climbers to plant, that’ll have to wait till Friday now, as work will mostly consume my time until then, I also need to get to the supermarket, think that’ll be tomorrow. 

I did giggle when I got back from the garden centre, I could hear mom in the garden with the hoover running and she was cursing – mmm what the heck was going on!  When I got out there, there were polystyrene balls flying about and she was trying to get them up!  I had this happen to me on new year’s day in our living room when the dog bed split and I ended up stood in a pile of white balls, whilst my mom was lying in bed poorly, as that too was the day after she’d come out of hospital!  What is it with being discharged from hospital and ending up surrounded by polystyrene balls the next day!  They’re ready for the bin now, unless anyone can think of a use for them other than stuffing a cushion!

I managed a day on track yesterday, first one for a good week, and I also got over 20,000 steps on my pedometer, earning me 7pp, that would have taken into account I was gardening, digging holes, bending down etc.  Yesterday was definitely a good day on the healthy and happy front, we were both in bed before nine, shattered we were but smiling.  We’d had shepherd’s pie and spinach for lunch, and a chicken salad for tea, and it was delicious, we did try the new Ritz chocolate bar, split it between us, 5pp a bar though, I liked the combination of salt and chocolate, however I won’t buy it again because it’s 5pp I really don’t need to be spending!
Moms awake already, she’s not had such a good night; her reflux is especially bad this morning, however we are focusing on the positives because the negatives tend to suck and doing that meant we had a smashing day yesterday.

I’ve defrosted some haddock, that needs eating today, might have that for breakfast with a poached egg, anyways I’m off to Eat Gorgeous & BeYOUtiful, I suggest you do the same. xx

No comments: