Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 12 March 2014

What's the best that could happen...

Wednesday 12th March 2014 

Pressure makes diamonds!


I’ve been sat here for 5 minutes thinking what to write, my minds a bit empty this morning which is probably the first time it’s been that calm in a good while.  I’ve just had a cracking night’s sleep, I’ve woke up with very little pain and I feel chilled out this morning.  I think after last week’s crazy, I’ve decided to go back to the thought pattern that what will be will be and everything happens for a reason.  

I like my life simple, as none of us really know the true meaning of life, we all get to decide what it means to us, and for me I decided that I quite like the easy, uncomplicated, chilled life.  I like to help others through my work and I’ve realised that to help myself this simple life is what I enjoy.  The important things in my life are of course my mom, my dog, my family and friends, the things I enjoy all centre around my home, gardening, cooking, eating, drinking wine, walking the dog to name but a few.  I get great satisfaction from my job and these days it’s even better because it means I don’t have to be away from the house for more than 4 hours at a time, that’s helpful at the moment.

I’m like this idea of focusing on the positives because it’s true the negatives do tend to suck and the more you think about the negatives or the ‘what ifs’ the more of those negatives you can find!  

There are usually both positive and negative aspects to most situations, remember though we get to choose which ones we will focus on.  If you can catch yourself when you're being negative and change it to thinking the opposite.  No it’s not easy, it’s particularly hard when you have people round you who are being negative, but heck be the change!

If you think about it, there’s no point in worrying about the negatives if they cannot be changed. There are some parts of life that are "unfair", that’s just life it can suck sometimes but it’s still better than the alternative!  Let’s stop wasting our energy and happiness on the things we can't change, we'll only make ourselves more frustrated.

Of course you can use this thought pattern with any part of our lifes, even our weight loss efforts, sometimes it’s really easy to stay on track, everything just clicks into place and we’re happy and losing weight and it’s all just grand.

Other times, ‘stuff’ happens, moods change, life gets in the way and we start to struggle with our weight loss efforts, it’s just one more thing to think about!  Maybe in the past you’ve used it as an excuse to give in and go back to old way, instead why not identify that there is a problem firstly, work out what it is, accept it’s happening and then decide how to handle it.

Change your goals for a few weeks if necessary, accept that expecting a weight loss at this time maybe isn’t realistic without effort that you maybe haven’t got, that doesn’t mean you can do some positive things to help keep you on the healthy and happy path.
For me this week it’s just to track and get my head back into focusing on the filling and healthy, I’ve needed to shop but I wanted to use what was in the fridge because of mom being in hospital that wasn’t used last week.  I also have a 10% discount for Morrisons today so I didn’t want to not use that!  Therefore my short term goal since the weekend was to eat what I had making it as healthy as possible.

Today I feel in a better place to start eating and filling in a tracker that will give me a weight loss next week.  Goals give us a more positive outlook on life. People who are bored with life and feel stuck can find that they’re feeling down or depressed. Setting goals helps people move forward.

If I’d have set myself a goal to lose weight last week, I’d have ended up disappointed, so I gave myself a goal I could achieve, if we start with small goals, slow and steady wins the race remember – we don’t have to shoot for the moon immediately!

Get support and feedback, that’s why Weight watchers works, it helps to get advice, suggestions, guidance and it’s ok to take your time getting to your goals, it’s not a race, it’s a journey – just as our lives change, our goals do too. 

Most importantly don’t ever be afraid of failure, we all makes mistakes, we all fall down occasionally, it’s getting back up that matters.  Expect to success and don’t be afraid of failure, then you have the best chance of staying positive.

So my positives from yesterday included, I ate veggies with every meal, I also enjoyed some amazing smoked haddock.  One of my members achieved her goal weight and she’d been fighting that last pound for weeks!  I managed to have a lovely walk with my dog in beautiful sunshine in the middle of a very full, busy day.  I ended my day having a giggle with my mom as she’s back to her old self, being naughty with her comments on people, life and stuff ;-)

Let’s have a positive day BeYOUtiful xx

Eat Gorgeous & focus on the healthy & happy!

No comments: