Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 5 March 2014

Had better days!



5th March 2014
Don’t give up what you want most for what you want at the moment!


Well yesterday pretty much sucked all round, thank goodness for my members putting a smile on my face because that was the only good.  Mom and I were both trying to not focus on the obvious – her operation today but it’s impossible really, we were both worried, then when I got to work on the night mom called me just before five to say the hospital had just rang and the operation had been cancelled.  Apparently she’s severely anaemic and needs a blood transfusion, and then they told her they’d be in touch.  Gutted is an understatement, it isn’t just that we were all worked up, it’s the discomfort and pain she’s in constantly and the fear of what happened at Christmas happening again – that doctor in Wales was pretty blunt, “if this happens again – you’ll die!” You don’t take those words lightly.  So yeah yesterday sucked, especially as there was even more stuff going on around me that isn’t for discussion on here!
Hey ho, deciding to stay positive and focused on the Healthy & Happy, I’m gonna have to wash my hair this morning, thanks to having it cut – this being gorgeous is hard work ain’t it!  Was so much easier scraping it all back into a ponytail!

Food wise, I tried to stay on track yesterday, I had bacon medallions, egg and a potato for breakfast, the potato worked well, I microwaved it, then cut it in half and browned it off on the George Foreman, very nice.  Then lunch was Actifry chips with dry fried egg and peas, moms favourite so it was her ‘last supper’ so to speak.  The tea went to pot, I had a Rustler burger and I’ve just worked out the ProPoints – 15pp ouch, a Big Mac would have been less, although I’d have ordered fries with that wouldn’t I.

Fresh slate YET AGAIN today, I need to do a shopping list and go stop up on healthy green stuff, my kitchen is bare of the essential healthy foods.

Pancake day yesterday, I didn’t have as I’m not a fan and today’s the start of Lent when lots of people will be giving stuff up, mmm I don’t intend to because I know it makes me want stuff more and I’m not religious, well you could say I’m from the Church of the Weight Watchers that’s as near as I get I guess.

I need to get back on track though I really do, my emotions have most definitely got in the way of Eating Gorgeous this last week and I just haven’t bothered to cook, that needs to change, I need something scrumptious to make.  I’m loving potatoes at the moment, they’re really good right now so maybe a potato pie of some kind.

Just found this F&H recipe for Curried Parsnip Soup, I was looking at my blog for today 5 years ago – diaries are a timely reminder that everything changes.  Anyway this is what I ate that day and I said it was delicious, be interesting to see if my tastebuds still agree;

Curried Parsnip Soup (F&H, SimpleStart or 2pp)
2 teaspoon curry powder
1 large onion
250 g chopped small parsnips (5pp)
25g rice (2pp)
1 pinch salt
1 litre vegetable stock (use oxo cubes)
 
  • Chop & put the onion in a pan, with 3 tablespoons of twater and the curry powder. Cover and simmer for 3 or 4 minutes.
  • Add the remaining stock, the parsnips and the rice. Bring to the boil and then simmer for 15 minutes, or until the parsnips and rice are tender.
  • Pop in food processor and blend to make a smooth soup.
I’m off to get me a cuppa and think about a shopping list!  Have a great day BeYOUtiful. xx

1 comment:

amanda said...

hope things better soon, love to both of you, my favourite potato pie is cottage pie and its f&h x