Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 24 March 2014

Giving Up is NOT AN OPTION!


24th March 2014
Be an encourager, the world has plenty of critics already!

How’s your weekend been?  Did you have a good one, did you stay on track? If you did fantastic – give yourself a round of applause and a pat on the back.  If it didn’t give yourself a break, then work out your next step!  How will you motivate yourself to get back on track? 

Remind yourself why you started Weight Watchers in the first place, what were your reasons, they’ve not changed I’m guessing!  Most importantly don’t give up, having the occasional weight gain isn’t a problem, it’s how you deal with it that counts.  Rather than thinking of I’ve blown the weekend, I may as well wait till weigh day to restart, why not decide to plan your meals to ensure you get back on track, complete that tracker, use this motivational tick sheet to help;


Can’t beat a refresher course, back to basics, for monthly pass holidays on the Weight Watchers website, under ‘Tools’ there are videos explaining the programme “simple start explained” 


and another explaining “flex”

 
Why not download the Simple Start app if you haven’t already.

Giving Up is NOT AN OPTION! 

Sometimes it can all see overwhelming, you might feel that you have too much going on in your life to concern yourself with another thing i.e. weight loss, yet think about it (and I’m doing this blog for myself to be honest not just those reading it!) 

You have to eat every day – so why not make it a healthy choice?

You have to shop for food – so why not take a list and make it easier? 

There will always only be 24 hours in a day so why not make time for yourself to maybe take a walk to lift your spirits and give yourself a boost.  

Oh but if I do those things, everything else won’t get done!  

Mmm that crossed my mind too, but think about it, in 5 years time will you benefit more from a healthy diet or from the fact you hovered the living room?  

Will you be remembered for being that lady with a tidy house or that lady who smiled a lot and seemed happy with her lot?

I’ve spent the best part of this year looking for my motivation, trying to get “on it”, life has persisted in throwing things at me to complicate that, well bring it on I say.

Apparently I can’t change the things life is throwing at me, I can only choose how I react to them and I’ve decided I’m not going to let them interfere with my mission to lose weight.  My weight has fluctuated by 5lb either side of the same weight for over a year and until lately I’ve been ok with that, yet I’m noticing my body shape has changed a bit so now I’m ready to get rid of some of those pounds.  

I know I’ve said similar before about losing weight but guess what, I’m a woman – we’re fickle!  Tomorrow I might say, oh it doesn’t matter!  I might not!  One thing that’s always consistent with me is my desire to be Healthy and Happy and to appreciate that we are all BeYOUtiful and should Eat Gorgeous because we’re worth the effort.

So today I track, I follow the plan 100% not 80% like I have been doing, because 80% means maintaining at a weight I no longer won’t to be, I want it to be lower on the scales.  

I have no holiday to get it off for, I have no special event that I want to be slimmer for, nope this time I’m doing it for doing its sake!  I want to be under that stone bracket – just because…..


No comments: