Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 18 February 2014

Pizza anyone?


18th February 2014 
Happiness in home made!

Yesterday when I didn’t have to get up, I was wide awake early, this morning I could’ve slept well past my alarm – typical isn’t it.

Anyway I’m up and drinking a pint of water, don’t know why but I’m not loving the tea lately, nor the wine which is odd!  I am enjoying water though which is much better for me I’m sure!

Yesterday I spent a few hours in the kitchen, made corned beef hash which was absolutely delicious, I’d forgot how tasty that dish is,

Corned beef and sweetcorn hash Serves 4 = 9pp each


Takes 10m to make, 25m to cook.
Replace the tinned sweetcorn with frozen peas, if you like.
1 tbsp olive oil                                                           
1 large red onion, sliced into thin wedges
Knob of butter                                                            
120g tin sweetcorn, drained and rinsed
400g waxy potatoes (such as charlotte), cut into 2cm chunks
1 tsp chilli flakes   
2 tsp dried thyme or 2 or 3 sprigs of fresh
300g tin corned beef, cut into chunks   
                                                                               
Parboil potatoes for about 6-8 minutes.  At the same time, add 1 tbsp of the oil to a large frying pan and gently fry the onion over a low heat for 6 minutes to soften.  Remove to a bowl and set aside.

Add another splash of oil and the butter to the pan, increase the heat to medium-high and fry the potatoes for 10 minutes until beginning to crisp and turn golden. Stir in the chilli flakes and dried thyme, fry for another minute or so, and then add the corned beef. Season.

Continue frying the corned beef, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes until starting to crisp. Stir in the sweetcorn and return the cooked onion to the pan. Cook for a couple more minutes to warm through.  Serve on warmed plates.   

I made a couple of soups for tea throughout the week, onion soup and broccoli and cheese, then I made pizza!  I looked for a yeast free recipe as I didn’t want to go out to the shops, I also didn’t want to faff about, and this was what I found;

Yeast free pizza 
28pp for a base the size of a tray!

• 275g self raising flour (24pp)
• 1 tablespoons cooking oil (4pp)
• 300ml water
• pinch salt

 






1. Preheat the oven to 200 oC.
2. Put all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix into a dough.
3. Knead for about 2 mins until a nice firm consistency.
4. Add a little water or flour if needed.
5. Split the dough into two.
6. Lightly flour the pizza tray.
7. Using a rolling pin roll, out the dough on the tray.
8. Use your fingers to get it to the shape you want.
9. Bake on a baking tray for approx 10-15mins or until the base is light brown and almost cooked through.


10. You can either cool and freeze the bases or use straight away: cover with Passata or tomato puree, your favourite veggie toppings (I used courgette, mushrooms, pepper, spinach, tomatoes) plus cheese (50g - 6pp) and return to the oven for 10 minutes. You can even freeze with
the toppings on and defrost the morning you are going to eat them. Or store in the fridge for 24 hours.

Now 34pp may seem a lot but you would hopefully share it, I would definitely make it again, and next time I’d try to roll it even thinner.

Right that’s me done, I’m off to get ready for work, although I’d quite like to go back to bed this morning!

Have a good day, BeYOUtiful & EatGorgeous. xx

No comments: