Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 21 February 2014

Love my job I do!



21st February 2014
They succeed, because they think they can. Virgil

YAY it’s Friday, although I have a full day’s work to do in my office, it’s all good because if I want to I can stay in my PJ’s!  I actually would have to get dressed to work the dog though, but if I want to I can put the PJ’s back on when I get back.  Totally without car today, it’s going to be mended – there’s a squeak, well more a whine so hopefully my amazing mechanic Tif will make my it better without it breaking my bank account.


Yesterday morning was amazing in my meeting, two of my golden girls Carol and Elsie celebrated 10 years at their gold weight, what an incredible achievement and what a gorgeous pair of ladies.  I got quite emotional before I started the group meeting thinking about what a lucky lady I was to have such an enjoyable job and how I’d know some of my members over 9 years and I’ve watched them all change, I’ve watched babies grow up, which was proven when Karen dropped in to get weighed and we realised she’d been at goal 9 years all except the year she took off to have her son who’s now 7!   


Then there’s the lovely Rachel (above)  looking stunning now having lost over 5 stone in total.  She posted this photo on facebook last weekend and told us "I've attended Weight Watchers for most of my adult life, I've lost stones & gained them back 3 time over thanks to being a mom to 3 beautiful girls but I'm still going, still losing & feeling great this evening"

I really do have the most rewarding job in the world! And seeing all the success stories from all the meetings in our area I’ve been sharing on https://www.facebook.com/area37 makes me realise even more so how much Weight Watchers Works!

Back to the reality of life, I nipped in the Asda on the way back to my meetings on the night to pick up a few things and I found myself in the ‘ready meal’ aisle looking at foods I would have once eaten, these days I prefer to cook for myself because I get more food and that’s a priority for me.  An old favourite (which I haven’t had for years) that I spotted was Heinz toast toppers, I worked them out at 3pp a tin.   Then I spotted these mug shot things, I didn’t much like the look of those, even less so when I worked them out at 6pp, there’s nothing to them!  Ye Olde Oak Meatballs in gravy 10pp for the can, I used to eat those all the time – would maybe be tempted to have a tin still.  Pie’s in a tin, my dad used to eat those, they worked out at 17 and 18pp each, from memory I remember most of it used to stick to the tin lid!   

I did battle with myself in the crisp aisle though, mom had asked me to get her a bag of cheese and onion crisps, I couldn’t see single bags, so looked at the 6 packs, £1.68 for 6 or 3 packs of 6 for £4.  My bargain brain was thinking oo it’s so much cheaper to have 3 packs, my weight loss brain was thinking yeah but do you really need 18 packs of 4PP crisps?  I managed to resist and only purchased the 6 pack because I know I’m better off spending a bit more than eating all those crisps, I would’ve eaten them asap because I can’t resist them – you can’t eat what isn’t there!

Today I’m thinking fish fingers on weight watcher Petit Pains, mmm I may through a few chips on the plate too!  Eggs for breakfast I think, then who knows what else, I don’t want to spend too long in the kitchen as I have so much paperwork to get through, I don’t want to break my stride.

Right I’m off, have a fabulous Friday, EatGorgeous and as always BeYOUtiful. xx


No comments: