Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 20 February 2014

Cheese sarnie anyone!



20th February 2014
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.  Winston Churchill

Filling in a journal really does make you realise where those extra ProPoints go, and also filling it in at the time you eat the food makes sure you don’t forget to write something down!  I’ve just had a flashback to the bag of Weight Watcher bakes I had yesterday morning whilst I was out and I haven’t wrote them in my journal yet, so will do now! 

Yes ignorance isn’t bliss when it comes to losing weight, pretending you didn’t eat that biscuit or misjudging how many ProPoints was in that MugShot or Pot Noodle will ultimately show on the scales at some point. 
We’ve been talking about lunchtimes this week and how easy it is to skip or just grab whatever is on offer.  Sandwiches can be a real killer of the ProPoints allowance if you’re not careful, that’s where F&H and low calorie brown bread comes into play and saves the day, just look at the difference between how much you get!

I also own up to loving a big chunk of crusty bread or French stick, luckily I’m not a fan of the squidgy bread in the middle, so I tend to take that bit out (throw it to the birds) and re-weigh it to save me some ProPoints.  It’s delicious with a piece of fish in breadcrumbs in there and lots of nice salad with it.
And this is how easy it is to blow the lunch box allowance, here’s a photo I found on facebook;

Cheese salad butty 24pp (25pp or MORE if you include the slice of cheese u eat whilst making it)
Bread 6pp
55g Cheese 6pp
20g Butter (Lurpak spread) 4pp
50g Branston 2pp
WW Rich Toffee bar2pp
Walkers Crisps 4pp

Just imagine if that WW bar was a Mars Bar and the can of pop had been full sugar, that would take the total over 30pp!  Yet instead you could have this for 8pp,
I use a potato peeler to slice my cheese thinly and by having extra mature cheese you still get the flavour, I only used 13g to cover the bread – bargain!

 I’ve actually just removed the lettuce and eaten it,  then stuck the cheese and cucumber sandwich in a toastie bag and popped it in the toaster – delicious quick breakfast eaten!

Yes tracking does make a difference, knowing and recording what goes in means you’re more likely to know you’re going to get a great result on the scales!  Speaking of results, I’ve been sharing a few of our many results on our area Weight Watcher page over the last week and I have to say, member success always blows me away – go take a look at a few https://www.facebook.com/area37 just awesome, this links to my moms before / after photo, I’m particularly proud of her

 
She’s maintained her weight loss for ten years this year, it may have taken her 42 years to get it all off but she did it a bit at a time and has kept it off every since.

Right off to get ready for work to help more successful members achieve their goals!
Have a great day BeYOUtiful, Eat Gorgeous & remember you’re worth the effort!



No comments: